Monday, October 22, 2012

Monday Musings


  • We moved Monkey to his room last night.  Oh my goodness, the tears!  In my head I know it's ridiculous to be crying over the move, but I just can't help but feel like we are so.far.apart.  Ugh! I had not been planning the move, I just decided to do it yesterday afternoon.  He's still in the rock-n-play so I'm sure he doesn't even realize he's not next to me.
  • Between Sara, Stephanie & Missy I'm in bridal/baby shower heaven!  I LOVE planning and throwing showers and these girls are keeping my creative wheels spinning.  They are all going to be so fun!
  • I'm really looking forward to Real Housewives of Beverly Hills in a few weeks.  I just saw the preview as I'm typing this and got my DVR all set.  So good!
  • Speaking of TV, someone suggested Parenthood on my Fall TV post and I've started watching.  It's so good!  I need to go back on Netflix and watch the previous seasons when I have time (ha!)
  • Matt came home from work Saturday in time to watch the end of the A&M game.  Afterwards the 4 of us (me, Matt, Carter and Cooper) climbed in bed and all took naps.  It was one of those moments I want to remember forever.  
  • I need to do an update post on all the stuff Carter is doing right now.  He hasn't rolled over again since he did it the first time, but he's talking up a storm and just so happy all the time.  He's also started spitting up more, no bueno.  
  • I'm really looking forward to Halloween this year!  I'm not one to really go all out on Halloween (I'd much rather decorate for "fall" then Halloween) but it's much more fun now with a little one. We're all going over the Stephanie and Robby's for the night.  I can't wait!
  • I had my first sub job last week.  Matt had a dentist appointment so I went in for a 1/2 day on Tuesday morning.  I had really been looking forward to it, but it was so hard being away from my little monkey!  Thank goodness it was just a 1/2 day because I don't think I would have make it a full day.  The good news is that I got to see a lot of my former students, so that was fun.  I have 2 days planned at KJH coming up in a few weeks that I'm going to have to start mentally preparing myself for now that I know what being away all day feels like.  I don't know how Matt does it everyday! 
  • We don't have a lot on our calendar this week and I'm really thankful for that.  It will be good to spend some more time at home without a lot of running around to do.
  • This is Brooks' face when Uncle Matty wouldn't answer her FaceTime yesterday.  Classic. 

1 comment:

Mateya said...

I would like to continue reading if you don't mind. My little guy is right at the same age as Carter and I love keeping up with families going through similar stuff as us! My email is mkuhlman32@hotmail.com