Sunday, October 28, 2012

Cousin Love!

Thursday Brooxie Kate spent the day with us and, although overwhelming, we had a blast.  The day went by in a blink, I guess because it took so much longer to get things done with two little ones.  I think lunch alone took about an hour, lol!


Brooks is at such a cute age- I love that we can really talk to each other now and 99% of the time I know what she is saying.  A few things I want to remember:

- she asked for Uncle Matty at least 20 times in a 5 hour period...girl is obsessed
- I'm not looking forward to non-breastmilk diapers G-R-O-S-S
- She was up on our bed and told me "I take a nap with Uncle Matty" and proceeded to go to his side and get under the covers and make a fake snoring sound.  Where does she even come up with this?!? Then she said "Baby Carter take a nap too" so I had to take Carter over there with her.
- In the middle picture she is kissing her babies "night night."  She got every single stuffed animal out, laid them in pairs of 2, covered them all with blankets and kissed them all night night.  Such a sweetie.
- She is obsessed with baby stuff right now.  Laura sent me a picture of her being swaddled like Baby Carter.  She loves his paci, swing, bouncer, bumbo, etc.  And if she couldn't fit in something she put her dolls Harry and BeeBee in them.
- She asked several times to go to "Sophie's house."  Sophie is Sara's dog and Sara lives in the house behind us.
- She legit knows how to FaceTime with Matt on my iPhone without my help at all.  I'm talking unlock, phone icon, his name and the FaceTime button.  No joke.
- She can spell her name, but can't say Mandy so she just calls me "D"

Love that girl! And I especially love that she loves her Baby Carter so much.  :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I just laughed till I cried reading this!! Did I tell you about the time she legit face timed me at work? All I hear is MAMA MAMA coming from my desk drawer! Remember, Carter is HER baby! She gets mad when I forget that.