Friday, October 19, 2012

Reflections of Motherhood and a Parents Prayer

Our church has a Mothers of Young Children group that I've been attending this semester and it's so good.  Food for my soul, y'all.  I had to miss one Friday because Carter was all over the place and I just didn't feel "centered" all week.

We watched this video "Reflections on Motherhood" this morning and there was not a dry eye in the room.  So true!

Everything on that video is exactly what I would go back and tell my pregnant self before Carter came. Love it!

We also received the Parents Prayer that I am going to tape on our bathroom mirror so Matt and I can specifically pray over Carter while we brush our teeth in the morning and at night.  This is great for grandparents, too!

Lord. what do You want for Carter?
Guide me by Your Spirit as I pray for Carter according to Your will.  I release Carter to You so that You can accomplish Your will for his life.  I will not try to live my life over through Carter.  Keep me from binding Carter by my needs, wants, and ambitions for him.  Get me out of Your way, so that You can work the life of Christ in Carter and fill him with Your spirit.  Give me the grace to wait on You, for I know Your timing is perfect.

I especially love the last sentence about waiting on Him.  I feel like the last 4 years of my life have been living that testament...his timing truly is perfect.

Now, off to the football game.  GO TIGERS! 

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Loved the video! Thanks for sharing! My favorite was "imperfect is the new perfect"! :)

Ashley said...

What a great video! My hormones have been ramping up a little the last few weeks so of course it made me cry-but in a good way. So excited to meet my son!!