Monday, October 8, 2012

Rice Harvest Parade

This past Saturday was the Rice Harvest Parade and my dad was marching with his American Legion group.  Laura and I packed up the grand babies and went to support Daddy J and enjoy the parade with the little ones.  Brooks had a blast!



I knew there was a cold front coming in on Saturday and for some reason I thought it was coming in the morning.  So I had Carter dressed in a long-sleeved polo, jeans and his Toms.  We got there when it started at 10am and it was blazing so I had to change him into his back-up onesie I had in my bag.  Bummer...he looked so handsome in his jeans and polo!



We sat right next to City Hall where they were announcing all the floats which was perfect.  Brooks spent her time dancing and collecting candy while Carter slept most of the time.  I tell you, he can sleep through ANYTHING! There were marching bands, stereos, car horns, etc and baby boy never budged.



Dad's float was at the very end so we got to see the entire parade.  Isn't he just precious is his hat?!? Brooks was so excited to wave to her Daddy J! She couldn't understand why he wasn't stopping and why she couldn't get in the car with him, lol!



Afterwards we took some pumpkin pictures but those will have to wait until tomorrow because I'm falling asleep.

No comments: