Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sandy

I spent some of my morning and most of this evening glued to the TV watching footage from Hurricane/ Tropical Storm/ Noreastern/ Frankenstorm Sandy.  During times when the national news takes over with big stories (Mother Nature, 9-11, Bin Laden's death, DC sniper all come to mind) I'm always taken with all the pictures and videos.  I really had not been paying attention this weekend to anything with Sandy since it was hitting the northeast so I didn't realize what a HUGE storm system this was.  Al Roker was on the Today Show this morning saying it was "once in a lifetime" and "catastrophic" before I really started paying attention.

My mom and I spent the day together and talked at lunch extensively about the storm.  All I can think about and pray over are all the families with pregnant mamas/ brand new babies that are stuck without power.  Since Carter has been born I've prayed for the Gulf to be spared from a major storm system and now my heart is with all of those families on the East Coast being hit by Sandy.

Have you seen this video of the explosion near/at the Con Edison plant?  Wow! (0:18 mark)
Released under Creative Commons License. Please credit: TrillianMedia.

I pulled these pictures off Twitter this evening from various sources and some are just unbelievable.


Not convinced these next two are real, but if they are, CRAZY!!

Flooding in NJ, Ground Zero and lower Manhattan:

This one breaks my heart...the backup generators at NYU failed and the workers manually ventilated patients in the PICU and NICU down 9 flights of stairs and through the rain to get them transported to safety.  Can you imagine?!? Major, MAJOR prayers going to these innocent babies and their poor families during this time. 

Hopefully I don't stay up too late tonight watching the news!

No comments: