Thursday, October 4, 2012

Children's Museum

Last Thursday Stephanie, Nana and I loaded up and took Mason, Carter and Brooks down the the Children's Museum.  We bought a Groupon for admission awhile back and my mom needed me to watch Brooks so it was the perfect time to go.  Stephanie and I had neither one been so it was nice to do something different and get out of Katy for a little while.


Brooks and Mason had an absolute BLAST running around doing all the activities they had set up.  Carter spent his time nursing, sleeping and just watching...he had a blast, too!

We started upstairs at the Tot Spot where everything was made specifically for babies up to 35 months. I was nursing Carter during this time so I didn't get a lot of pictures, but they had some mats to climb on, mirrors to look in, cars to play with, etc.  After about 30 minutes we went outside and they had a chance to drive the little people cars around and enjoy the nice weather.



Next we went downstairs to "Kidtropolis."  It was a miniature city with a road down the middle and stores along the sides.  There was a bank, vet office, kitchen/restaurant, police station, voting booth, grocery store and newsroom.  I spent my time running around after Brooks and saw Mason only in passing, but I could hear his laugh constantly.  He was having the time of his life!  Brooks was so super excited that she basically ran from room to room just seeing everything, slowing down long enough to touch a few items before running to the next room.  I don't think she ever stopped to really "play" with anything, lol!





After about 45 minutes at Kidtropolis we went to the cafe for lunch and enjoyed a PB&J, fruit and some chicken nuggets.  The food was pretty good! After lunch they went back to Kidtropolis and the gift shop while I nursed Carter.  We left a little while later and both Brooks and Carter slept the entire way home.  I guess it takes running around a children's museum all day for Brooks to actually get tired!


We will definitely be returning, especially once Carter is older and Matt can go with us.  Hopefully he will be walking next summer and we can go while Matt is off work.

1 comment:

Laura said...

So cute!!! I want to go next time too!!