Monday, October 28, 2013

October Wrap-Up

I can't believe it's almost November! November and December are always so fun and jam-packed with activities, shopping, prepping and a little stress.  But this month we've managed to stay busy but not overfill our schedules with commitments and busyness.  Between the pregnancy brain and the mommy brain it all seems like a lot of mush to me, so I'll post a few pictures to wrap-up the last month before the madness begins.

Swim Lessons
This month Carter started an Infant Survival course at a local swim academy.  Since both sets of grandparents have pools and I have a FEARLESS baby who likes to jump right in, we decided we better get him in some lessons.  He started the first week of the month and goes 4 days a week for 15 minute one-on-one sessions with an instructor.  He cries the ENTIRE time for every lesson, but has made so much progress.  This is our last full week before we switch to a two day per week schedule and right now he is working on getting across the pool alternating between "swimming"/kicking and rolling over to his back to float.  He definitely has not mastered anything, but he really is doing so good.  I'm not allowed to take pictures or videos (boo) but I did sneak this picture the last lesson.  They have to burp the babies often since they take in so much water so that's what she's doing in the picture.

Football
We're in the "hard" part of the season where it just seems like it's never going to end.  Matt is working 7 days a week and rarely, if ever, makes it home in time at night to see Carter.  I don't mind the nights alone but I would give anything for him to be off at least one day per weekend.  The weekends are the hardest.  BUT, we're still undefeated and have a BIG game coming up this weekend against Cinco Ranch.  Then only one more game until playoffs start!

Favorites
A few of Carter's favorite things this month include: "driving" in our cars, reading books, bubbles, Mickey Mouse, and making faces for the camera.  As soon as you try to take a picture of him he makes the funniest faces! Bless his heart, I'm not sure where all of this personality comes from ;)







Pumpkin Patch Fun
I have a separate post coming up detailing all of our fun, but we have been busy hitting up all of the area pumpkin patches.  Here's a sneak peek:



School Portraits
I seriously can't even handle the cuteness that is these pictures.  I got these when I dropped him off at school this morning and ugly cried when I got to my car.  I just can't believe that this child is MINE.  I'm so blessed to be his mama (oh, and the funny hand is because he just threw a pumpkin at the photographer.)

Coming up this week: haircuts for both of us, more swim lessons, Halloween Party/ Gender Reveal and turning 17 months!

1 comment:

Shelly Phig said...

Love the pumpkin pictures :)