Friday, October 4, 2013

I Want to Always Remember...

- how we started off with a rotten morning. We both woke up late, it was a power struggle to get you to eat anything, you ran all over the house causing a mess, and we were 30 minutes late to bible study. 
- you gave me that look of "mama PLEASE, I'll do anything, just please take me with you!" when I dropped you off at the nursery
- you were a wreck when I picked you up
- you were THAT kid at lunch 
- you snuck in a 10 minute car nap that completely ruined any chance you had at an afternoon nap
- you spent your afternoon making a low whine noise for hours on end
- you would NOT let me dress you for bed

And then. 
- you let me rock you. And while we were rocking you rubbed my belly where the babies are growing. My babies. Your babies. And slowly your arm stopped rubbing them until you finally succumbed to your day, took a final deep breath in, and wrapped your tiny arm all the way around my waist and drifted off to sleep. And we stayed like that, just the two (four) of us for as long I could muster. 

And it was the best day. 

No comments: