Thursday, August 2, 2012

Two Months


Monkey,
You are TWO MONTHS old today! One-sixth of a year!  I cannot put into words how amazing these last two months have been with you.  As things become more familiar we are able to really understand you, and you us.  We have so much fun just doing simple things with you and have really embraced our new roles in this season of life.

 Your Daddy and I get a kick out of just sitting and watching you grow.  We love listening to all the little sounds you make, and watching you watch us.  You are so much more awake and aware this month, and you definitely have your opinions about things.  You do not like your swing or bouncer, and prefer to be rocked sitting up over our shoulders.  You really enjoy being in the car and getting out of the house and almost always fall asleep when we go anywhere.  You are picky about your pacifier and will only take it sometimes during the day, never at night.  You fuss if you are awake and we are not holding you in our arms...you are spoiled rotten! And we love it! We will spoil you for the rest of your life!


Your reflux started this month and has been a daily battle ever since.  We have you sleeping in the Rock-n-Play in our room which has really helped with your nighttime sleep.  You get one Prevacid each morning which is another battle since it has to be dissolved and then given to you in a syringe.  Between getting the medicine in the syringe and then into your mouth we lose a small amount of the medication every day.  I'm hoping Dr. K will agree to let us try a different medication in liquid form next month.  You are most fussy in the evenings when we can hear and feel your little belly rumbling.  We are ready for these belly aches to be a thing of the past.


You gave us your first smiles this month! They are still few and far between, but oh the joy we experience each time you look into our eyes and give us that big toothless grin! I vividly remember you screaming your head off ALL DAY one day when I was home with you, and just when I thought I couldn't take it anymore you gave me the BIGGEST smile, smoothing over any ill feelings I had for you in that moment.  My tears of frustration flowed into tears of pure joy!

You are nursing every 2.5-3 hours during the day and every 4-5 hours at night.  While I would love for you to sleep through the night I am not rushing you as I still cherish our time at night together.  I didn't think I would enjoy nursing you as much as I do, but it has quickly become my favorite part of being your mom.  There is just something about knowing that you are living and surviving purely from what my body provides for you that gives me the greatest of joys.  You will take a bottle if I pump for you, but you definitely prefer nursing, as do I.  Although you have gotten faster, you still take 30-45 minutes to eat each time.

 Your sleeping has been all over the place this month.  As much as I hate to say it, we are not anywhere close to having a routine yet.  You still typically nurse around 9am and stay awake afterwards.  You are getting to where you can stay awake for several hours at a time.  You will nap really well if we are in the car or if you are in the carseat in the stroller.  At night we are still double swaddling you and you seem to really like it.  Your nighttime sleep is really good and I think soon you will be giving me 6 and 7 hour stretches!

I mentioned it in your last months post, but your tooting is CONSTANT! And stinky! You can clear a room with your toots!  Poor thing, we know your belly hurts you and you seem much more calm and relaxed once you get a good toot out of your system.  We are still just shocked at how loud some of them are- even in your sleep.  We want to try and get one on video so you can see it when you are older, lol!
We love having you here and spending our time loving all over you.  As much as I want to freeze time I also can't wait to see what you will do next.  You are so much fun and just the light of our lives.  We love you, baby boy!

2 month Stats
Weight: 10 pounds 8 ounces (20%- skipped an entire growth curve!)
Length: 22.25 inches (20%)
Eating: nursing exclusively (around 3am, 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, 10pm)
Bedtime: around 11:00pm
Awake: around 9:00am
Naps: very hit and miss on our naps this month, usually at least 2 naps per day
Diapers: newborn Huggies until last week and now you are wearing size 1
Clothes: newborn
Favorites: you LOVE to be held by anyone who will hold you, and will sleep for hours if you are being rocked
Development: smiling on occasion, lifting head and turning head side-to-side

2 comments:

Katy said...

I am so sorry you guys are still having to deal with reflux! Yuck! And you are right, Prevacid is a total pain. I think I have mentioned it before, but Matthew is doing REALLY well on Zantac and it is in liquid form. Ask your doctor about it!

He is such a cutie :)

Anonymous said...

With the reflux, gas, and discomfort, he might be sensitive to any dairy that you may be eating. Just a thought :)