Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Carter's Nursery

We finally put the finishing touches on Carter's nursery this weekend.  I'm still not anywhere close to moving him in there, but it feels good to know it's finally DONE!

We chose a sock monkey theme for his room in about February and just ran with it.  We've found sock monkey stuff in the most random places and pieced everything together.  I can remember staying up to the wee hours of the morning while I was on bed rest and ordering everything sock monkey I could find on Etsy.  That insomnia sure came in handy!  It was really fun putting together his nursery, especially since we had so much help from our families (since Mama was in bed and couldn't do anything while waiting on Little Man anyway.)

Here's what we started with:
(if I'm being honest we actually started with a room full of the most random crap, 90% of which we just tossed. I really wish I had a picture of what the room looked like then...think Monica Gellar's secret closet from Friends.)
The room is very small and awkwardly shaped (the wall on the left is the edge of the closet)


Painting:
 Thank you Matt, Dad, Nana and PawPaw! 



Furniture:
 Fresh out of the box

Put together and playing around with placements


 I lined the drawers with gift wrap during one of 80 million days on bed rest

This is what the playroom looked like for weeks after we put the furniture together


Finished:











Whew! I still don't feel like it's really "complete," but it's done for now.  Crazy to think that this little guy will be in his own room one day! I think I'll keep him next to me in our room for a little while longer ;)

Details:
Paint color- Colorado Clay by Kwal
Furniture- Baby's 1st Furniture, Baby's Dream Legendary Collection
Glider- Babies R Us
Latchy Catchy for door- Etsy, Rosefields Market
Canvas painting- gift from Sara
Light switch covers- Etsy, Slightly Smitten Kitten Designs
Clothing dividers- Etsy, His Glory Hand Knits and More
Bedding- Posh Tots
Wall decal- The Boys Depot
Art prints- Etsy, Delivered by Danielle
Carter pillow- Etsy, Ted and Lucy
Banner- Etsy, Blue Mood Studios
Deco wooden letters- Etsy, Letter Luxe

5 comments:

Nikki Kallina said...

So cute Amanda! Great job on decorating his room!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

The Latchy Catchy looks great! Cute nursery.

<3 Gwen and Lyndsey, RF Market

Brittany said...

Love it! It looks wonderful!

Delivered by Danielle said...

I love how you used the prints in the bookcase, they look great there! I found your blog on my traffic stats, thanks for including a link to my store. :)