Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Brooks' birthday party

Before I talk about her party I just want to take a moment to say how much being an aunt has changed my life.  Brooks and Mason fill my heart with so much joy and pride I literally want to burst every single day.  Watching them grow into little humans is so interesting and exciting; it all at once makes me want to push fast forward so Carter is at the same age, and push pause so I can keep him little forever.  They truly are such happy little children and make everyone around them laugh constantly, which is how everyday should be.  :)

Saturday Laura threw Brooks a Caillou-themed party for her 2nd birthday (still can't believe it's been 2 years since she has been in our lives!) Brooks seemed to have a great time, but she seems to always have a great time doing all sorts of tasks.  It's no surprise that she enjoyed all the attention she got on Saturday!



Thank goodness the party was inside because it was HOT on Saturday.  With Brooks and Carter both having summer birthdays I'm sure it's only a matter of time before birthday parties are held at the pool so we can all cool off! The party was mainly family and I had fun showing off Carter to everyone.  He was a little fussy and spent a majority of the time being rocked (shocker) by Mama Jo.




We snacked, opened presents, enjoyed everyones company, and ate cake and cupcakes.  Brooks would get so excited about her gifts that she would start playing with her toys and not want to open the next present.  Overstimulation! Matt ended up hiding her toys after she opened them so she wouldn't lose focus, lol!




Happy birthday, Brooks!  We loved celebrating with you and would appreciate it if you would take your time turning 3! :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

I agree with you on the turning 3!!!