Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas in Pine Prairie

The morning after the state game we loaded back up in the car and drove from Dallas to Pine Prairie, LA.  We hit the road around 9:00 and finally arrive in PP around 4:00 that afternoon.  It was a looong day in the car, especially after a long day the day before driving to Dallas and going to the game.  Carter did great and we took some breaks so all of us could stretch our legs.

Matt had to ride the team bus back to Katy Saturday night/Sunday morning so he drove his car to meet us in PP Sunday night.  The bus didn't get back to Katy until 5:00am so Matt slept most of the day and made it to PP in time to put Carter to bed.  He was exhausted and definitely in a sour mood about the game.

Monday the boys spent the day playing, riding the Kubota, shooting and watching the cows and feeding Johnson the donkey.  Once Uncle Scott and Aunt Cathy and the boys arrived we all ate dinner and opened presents.








Mason was so cute and loved opening everything.  He was helping everyone open their presents and enjoyed the act of opening more than the actual act of receiving a gift.  Carter, on the other hand, wanted nothing to do with tearing wrapping off (which surprised me) and instead wanted to play with each toy as it was opened.  At his birthday this summer and next Christmas I might just take 1/2 his presents away at the beginning and let him open them throughout the year since he's not interested in them anyway.




And this one started crawling while we were there! He turned ONE the week before and started crawling and pulling up all at once.  Not too much longer until he is walking on his own!




The next day was Christmas Eve so we stayed for an early lunch and then hit the road so we could make it home in time for church.  We stopped at Raisin Canes on the way home and had lunch; Raisin Canes is a recent development for me and I am OBSESSED! I wish there was one closer to us in Katy/ Houston.  Of course Carter didn't sleep until we got to Houston so we had to carry him sleeping into the house.  The only way I could keep him sleeping was to lay down in his crib with him so I snuck in a little nap as well.  Such a sweet moment I want to always remember.  What I don't want to remember is having to text Matt to come help me get out of bed because I couldn't sit up with my big belly.

That night we made it to the early service at church which worked well with Carter's schedule.  My favorite night of the year is Christmas Eve service.  I love all the hymns and the reading of the Christmas Story.  And I can never make it through Silent Night without crying.  I blame the hormones.  And, of course, I didn't take a single picture of the three of us that night.  #momfail

No comments: