Monday, December 23, 2013

Carter's School Christmas Party

Carter's preschool does two class parties a year: Christmas and Easter.  I'm so glad his school doesn't go overboard and do parties for every single holiday; this put less pressure on the parents and get the kids more excited for each party.  I signed up to help with the Christmas party since I knew I would probably be really busy around Easter-time with the girls.


 The party was the Wednesday before Christmas break and started with a school-wide Christmas carol sing-along.  The kids had been practicing Christmas carols during music class and it was so cute to see the babies up to the 5-year-olds all singing and dancing to the carols.  Our pastor also read the Christmas story from the bible in between Christmas carols which was so very special to hear.  I hope Carter always enjoys hearing the story of the birth of our Savior.

Matt was at work so I went alone to the party, and BOY do I wish I would have invited at least one grandparent to come with me.  Carter was in RARE FORM during the sing-along and had me running (pregnant and all) all over the room to chase him.  He did NOT want to sit in my lap and sing like all 500 of the other kids were doing.  I felt like all the other moms/dads/grandparents were all looking at me like I was that mom with that kid.  Ugh...it was a rough day.

Towards the end Carter calmed down and enjoyed shaking his jingle bell along to the songs.  He didn't sing, but he danced along to most of the songs.  It was so cute! Hopefully I can get the video uploaded so we can enjoy his dancing!

After the Christmas carols we went back to the classroom for snacks, a craft, and a book reading.  I was in charge of the craft and found this precious reindeer idea on Instagram.  I pre-cut all of the reindeer faces and had the parents trace their child's hands for the antlers.  Then the kids/parents glued on the eyes and nose.  It was quick and easy and I just love any craft that includes Carter's precious handprints and footprints at this age.

Carter didn't want to sit for snack (surprise) but he did enjoy a cookie, or at least the icing.  Boy after my own heart.

At the end we let the kids just play in the classroom (they had just moved to a brand new room) and it was great just sitting back and watching him interact with the other kids.  The new classroom is about three times the size as their old classroom, and has new toys and centers for them to explore and play with.  Carter loved the kitchen center and all the ride-along toys.


And at the end the teachers gave us these precious ornaments to take home.  I was that mom that cried when I got mine.  I blame the pregnancy hormones.  But how precious  is my little angel??  I'm looking forward to the East party in April and the girls will be able to go! Well, maybe I'll keep them at home away from all the preschool sickies :)


No comments: