Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Carter Christmas

We were able to drive home Saturday night in time for Christmas Eve service at our new church.  This is always my favorite part of Christmas because I love all the hymn's that you never hear on the radio this time of year, and it just solidifies the season for me.

Singing "Silent Night" this year was so emotional for me.  All of a sudden I was overcome with feelings of missing my grandfather, being ever-thankful for our little blessing, and the beginning of new traditions for me and Matt.

Moving on- Sunday we headed over to my parents house for Christmas lunch.  Mom had monkey bread, breakfast casserole, sweet potato casserole (Matt's fav) and more.

After lunch we took some pictures and then opened presents.  Just like last year, Brooks had more fun with the tissue paper than the actual gifts.  Silly girl!













No comments: