Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Labor and Delivery- Take 3

Don't panic...I went there in my dreams a few nights ago, lol!

I've been having CrAzY dreams lately (like last night when I dreamt my belly was clear and we could talk with Monkey and he would talk back to us) but I think my dream about L&D has been the weirdest.

In my dream my water broke so we drove to L&D at Methodist.  For some reason in the middle of the night there were a ton of people in labor so they put us all in a big room to hang out together and we all got a hospital gown and an IV.  I put my IV in myself and helped a few of the other women with theirs, lol.  Although, at this point I'm pretty sure if I needed to I really could put my own IV in.  There weren't any beds for us so we all just sat around in chairs in a circle.

We hung out in L&D for a few hours (I apparently wasn't in any sort of pain) just chatting and playing card games with the other couples there.  We didn't have any nurses come to check on us at any point but I guess we were all okay!

A few hours later I got hungry so I went and told the nurses I was going to Whataburger and asked if they wanted me to bring them anything?  I took their orders and drove myself, IV and all, to Whataburger and got all of our food.  When I got back and started to eat I mentioned to my nurse that I was still in my second trimester and it was too early for my baby she wouldn't let me eat my food.  She immediately freaked out and said we needed to delivery Monkey NOW.  So she reached up, pulled Monkey out, handed him to me and said I could now eat my food.

Huh.  I hope the real deal doesn't go down like this.  :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

LOL! I have been having some weird vivid ones too, but nothing quite like this! Thanks for the laugh!