Thursday, February 9, 2012

Our Love Story: Link Up

I'm linking up with From Mrs. to Mama today to share our love story.  Head on over to her blog and share your story too!

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
Matt and I met in May of 1998, the summer before we started high school.  Almost 14 years ago!  Most of my lifetime memories involve him and his family somehow.  Crazy how long we've been apart of each others lives! 

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
In junior high I danced at a local studio in town and the other girls there went to various schools in Katy ISD.  My BFF, Paige, invited her friends (which included Matt) to our end of the year dance recital.  Afterwards, we all went out to eat at Chili's and Matt and I ended up sitting next to each other.  We flirted with each other, but I didn't think much of it since we went to different schools.  About a month later he called and we started talking on the phone everyday.  I think we spent most of the summer of 1998 on the phone with each other!  We would literally fall asleep on the phone, watch TV together and go 30 minutes without talking, and about the only thing that would get us off the phone was if one of our phones died, lol.  
He officially asked me out on July 1, which also happens to be his parents anniversary.  We dated most of freshman year, part of sophomore year and then took a long break.  We got back together October 30 of our senior year and have been together ever since!

3. If married, how long have you been married? 
We got married on March 15, 2008 and are approaching our 4 year anniversary.  Crazy how fast the time goes!!  This past year has by FAR been my favorite, although I hope I keep saying that every year.  :)

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?
We got married at Holy Covenant United Methodist with the reception following at the Crown Plaza.  It was big-ish with about 300 people at the reception (part of the downfall of being together so long- you have high school friends, college friends, work friends, etc)  Looking back, my only wish is that Pinterest had been around back then! 
Side story- our original reception venue closed down 3 weeks prior to our wedding.  Thank God for my mom, who handled everything!

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another?
Matty, Mattypoo, babe, coach.  He usually calls me babe.  

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
I never get sick of being around him because he is so laid-back and never irritates me, his hard work ethic which I pray he passes onto our son, and he is hands down the smartest person I know. (Also hoping Monkey is as smart as his daddy)

7. Tell us how he proposed?
In May of 2007 I went to his parents house to pick him up for his aunts birthday party.  His family had already left for the party so we were the only ones there.  I went in his room and Armageddon (our first official date) was playing on the TV, there were pictures of us all over the room and rose petals on the bed.  Cooper (our dog) came around the corner with a sign around his neck that read "Mommy, will you marry us?" and the ring attached to his collar.  I'm sure you can guess my answer.  :)


8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberrieschampagne, and rose petals?
He falls into the "oh crap, is today Valentine's Day?  Love you, baby!" kind of guy.

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
TV on the couch for sure.  We love watching TV together, when he is home.  

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
I'd love to take a vacation to Bora Bora and sleep in one of those huts on the water.  It's on our bucket list and we already have a savings account open for it! 
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
Last year we went out for sushi, which is obviously out this year. Honestly I'd like him to bring home take-out and be in bed at 8:30!

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Thinking of asking for a prenatal massage or mani/pedi

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Always laugh together.  We are proof that it's not the quantity of time spent together, but the quality.  When we are together we make sure to focus on each other and tune out all other distractions.  And no matter how busy we are, we always call/text each other during lunch just to say I love you.  Kisses every day!

14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.

4 comments:

Robby and Stephanie said...

sweetest post ever. love y'all:)

Lisa said...

awwwh this post gave me a little tear, especially the last picture...Love it!

Loren Williamson said...

Beautiful love story!!! The picture at the end is wonderful!

College Dating said...

The two of you are such a fabulous couple! I was really inspired by your love story. :') God bless the both of you.