Thursday, February 23, 2012

11 Questions


I got tagged by my friend Amanda awhile back and am FINALLY getting around to answering her questions.  I blame the cerclage, the virus of 2012 and my vacation at L&D for my delay.  Apologies.  

Rules For Bloggers: (you must repost these) (I'm breaking rules 4- 6, rebel!)
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ blah blah blah, you legitimately have to tag 11 people! 

11 Random Things About Myself:
1. I use the same chapstick tube until it’s completely gone (rather than having multiple). The same goes for pens at work… I use one until it dies.
OMG- this was Amanda's random item and I am the exact same!!  I have a chapstick in my makeup bag, my purse and my desk and use them until they are gone.  I also have back-ups waiting, lol.  And I have "certain" pens I use for certain things, like my grocery list pen, my pay the bills pen, my grading papers pen, etc.  Amanda, I know you already have a twin but this is scary! 
2. I hate that my favorite movie is The Notebook.  I think it's so cliche and I wish I had something more sophisticated to answer when people ask me that questions, but I'm hopeless when it comes to The Notebook.  It's my go-to movie when I have 2 hours to kill (followed closely by Harry Potter, duh)
3. I honestly asked Matt if we could name our son after a character in Harry Potter.  He declined.
4. I think less of people who refuse to read Harry Potter.
5. I'm such a "routine" person and I'm stressed about creating anew routine once Monkey is here.  It's honestly my number one stress/fear above all else.  
6. I love cheese as much as I love Harry Potter, as does Cooper.  We usually have Colby and Monterrey Jack cheese cubes when I get home from work (yes, I said we.)  I pray that I won't have to go dairy-free again once Monkey is here.  I guess that would be my number 2 fear after my routine.  
7. When I'm in my car I AM Adele- I swear she sounds just like me.  It's funny how that doesn't translate anywhere else.  In my next life I'm definitely a singer. 
8.  I need to go back to junior high English and re-learn all the grammer and punctuation lessons.  During study hall I often have them take out their English homework (after their math homework is done, duh) so they can teach me a thing or two.  You have probably cringed a time or two while reading the ole blog, am I right?
9. Nothing makes me happier than my niece and nephew.  Baby laughs melt my heart and they both have the best laughs.  :)
10.  My "side of the bed" is whichever side is furthest from the door.  
11.  I like having lots of things on my To Do list.  I'm more productive that way and just feel better.  If there is only one thing on my To Do list it doesn't get done.  

Amanda's questions for ME:
1. If you had to have any one song play to announce your arrival whenever you walk into a room, which song would it be? Easy...Usher, OMG.  You cannot be in a bad mood when you hear that song.  
2. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? (Note: there is a correct answer to this question in my book, so answer carefully.) Chicken.  Am I right, Amanda?
3. What one thing is guaranteed to make you cry? When Old Allie forgets Old Noah in The Notebook.  
4. What do you do for a living? Did you grow up wanting to do this? I can remember wanting to be a teacher growing up, but I also remember wanting to be in the circus.  Does that adequately answer the question?
5. If you had to name your next (or first) child after a pet you’ve had during your life, which name would you pick? So my choices are Samantha, Tabitha, Boo, Little Boy, Diamond, Bugs, Thumper, Maisey and Pumpkin.  I think I'll go with Samantha and call her Sammie after Matt's dad.  :)
6. What’s your favorite sport to play? And to watch? Play- don't.  Watch- football.  
7. What’s your pet peeve of the moment (because if you’re like me, they change from day to day)? Not being able to sleep on my stomach.  And someone not inventing some sort of pillow with a hole in it that I can sleep on and put my belly through.  Guess I should jump on that patent.  
8. If you had to eat one thing for breakfast every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? Until 2 years ago I did eat a Pop Tart everyday for breakfast.  Now I have yogurt and Mootopia.  If I had to choose one thing I would definitely choose French Toast or Cupcakes.  
9. How many glasses of water do you drink, on average, per day? Are you proud of this number? I have to watch my water intake while teaching since I can't just up an go to the bathroom when needed.  I usually drink a large glass of tea (decaf) in the morning, a glass of water at lunch, a glass of water during my afternoon classes, and milk or tea with dinner.  
10.What was your favorite grade in school growing up and why? Haha, I vividly remember every grade being my favorite.  
11. How many pairs of shoes (estimate) do you own? Estimate- 25.  Actual- 48, including house shoes and rain boots. Yes, I actually counted.  As a math teacher I find it important to estimate your answer first and calculate your answer second.  I'm no slacker.  

Anyone else want to join? Feel free!


1 comment:

The Joiners said...

YAY! Thanks for playing along- your answers were very entertaining! Some thoughts:
- The Notebook is also my favorite movie!
- I don't read/watch Harry Potter- oops!
- Yes, definitely chicken. My analogy is human vs. uterus- which came first?
- Oh, and also, I would definitely love to join you in eating cupcakes for breakfast :)