Tuesday, February 7, 2012

New floors!

Ugh...this has been such a nightmare!  But I'm so glad we are done (except for moving furniture back) and our lives our back to normal.  And our new floors look great!

Matt and I started talking about getting new floors once we were pregnant and realized how SICK our carpet was.  Seriously people...we will never again have carpet in any house we ever live in.  I wish when we built our house that we had upgraded to tile or wood...NO CARPET EVER AGAIN!

So after Stephanie and Sara both had theirs done, we hopped on board and tore out the carpet in our dining, living and play rooms.  Now when Monkey is here he can crawl around on nice, CLEAN floors without us worrying about all the dirt we bring in burying itself into the carpet.  Such a relief!!

Before:

They had just started tearing up the carpet here when I snapped this pic

After:



You like??  We are so happy and now we just need to order rugs for each room.  I'm going to take my time and find rugs that I really like before buying anything just to fill the space.

Now...moving furniture back! 

2 comments:

Amy said...

Love it! looks awesome! most of our entry ways are tile and we have tons of tile left over so I think maybe this summer we will definitely be doing our living room too!

Robby and Stephanie said...

Looks SO good. Yeah for little monkey having clean floors:)