Tuesday, February 14, 2012

20 week appointment and a cerclage

We had our 20 week appointment and anatomy scan today.  Our little monkey was ALL OVER THE PLACE!  It was SO nice to match the movements I saw on the screen to the movements I was feeling in my belly!  His hands and feet were exactly where I thought they were, where I keep feeling little jabs.  He flipped around a few times for us and let us measure all his little organs.

His heart rate was 143 and she let us listen for awhile...such a sweet, sweet sound.  Everything measured perfect!  So glad our little monkey is growing as he should be and we got a good report today.  Keep going buddy!

Doctor diagnosed me with an "incompetent cervix" so I will have a cerclage put in place tomorrow that will stay in place through week 38 when it can be removed.  It's a pretty common and easy procedure so I should be back to work on Thursday, provided everything goes well tomorrow.  I will have an appointment every 2 weeks from here until Monkey is here so she can monitor me closely.  No complaints here!  She did mention the possibility of bed rest in the near future, which I'm not complaining about either!

Prayers tomorrow at 11:30 are much appreciated!!

PS- Who is NOT surprised I have an incompetent cervix?  *raises hand*

3 comments:

The Joiners said...

Ha- incompetent cervix? What a term! I think I have incompetent ovaries. PS- I tagged you yesterday so be sure to check it out!

Loren Williamson said...

If it's not one thing, it's another! You are a strong women, and I know will do great through this procedure. :)

Good News is that monkey boy is growing well, and you now have more opportunties to see him during this pregnancy.

My Prayer for you on Friday February 15th.
Heavenly Father, please keep your caring hands over Amanda and baby monkey has they have this procedure done. We thank you for this wonderful miracle of life, and keeping both of them safe throughout today and the rest of this pregnancy.
*Amen*

Mechelle said...

Yea that everything went ok. Wish one thing could go "easy" for this pregnancy. However, the point is to have a healthy baby; the rest is just stuff.

I am worried about Cooper though. He is gonna really have some issues when Carter gets here. Have you studied that yet?