Tuesday, May 29, 2012

35/35

Since tomorrow is our 35/35 milestone (35 weeks pregnant, 35 days to go) I'd thought I should update my To Do List Before Baby.  I started this when we had 100 days left and we've made quite a bit of progress!  I'm hoping a lot of the remaining items will get done, but I've also reached a place where I know things will happen when they happen and everything I NEED is really taken care of.
  • Nursery furniture
  • Bedding
  • Call Aetna
  • Register at MHKH and Methodist
  • Complete pre-registration at MHKH in person
  • Schedule childbirth classes
  • Register for breastfeeding classes and hospital tour
  • Outfit for baby shower
  • Hostess gifts
  • Start baby registry
  • Schedule newborn photos
  • Outfits for newborn photos
  • Call HR about bedrest and maternity leave
  • Work on pregnancy scrapbook (ongoing) 
  • Nursing bras/tanks/dresses
  • Finalize will
  • Clean out bathroom cabinets
  • Clean out bookshelf
  • Sell old books
  • Re-arrange kitchen cabinets Thanks Mom! 
  • Paint nursery
  • Assemble nursery furniture
  • Decide on a baby name!!!
  • Wall decals/curtains/rug for nursery
  • Glider for nursery
  • Select pediatrician
  • Wash baby clothes
  • Hospital bag
  • Complete registry "must-haves"- will do after last shower on Sunday
  • Birth announcements- I've picked these out but can't really finalize until Monkey is here
  • Addresses and stamps for birth announcements
  • Put bassinet and changing station back on pack-n-play
  • Take Cooper to groomer
Added:
  • Thank you notes for 3rd shower- Sunday 
  • Freezer meals
  • Install car seat and bases- delivered on Wednesday
  • Touch-up paint spots on walls
  • Clean out closets/guest room/ junk
  • Get KCM to come do a pick-up of stuff we've cleaned out
  • Clean out classroom?? (Not sure if they will let me on campus or if I really need to worry about this, but I'd rather not do it after Monkey is here)
  • Buy video camera
  • Meet with financial planner
  • List of who to call from the hospital
  • Mani/pedi
  • Baby book
  • Date night with Matty
  • Gift for Matt?
Please let me know if you think of anything else that should be added! 

5 comments:

Loren Williamson said...

Oh my, now I am totally stressed out!! There is so much to get done before hand, and some things that I hadn't even thought about. Here's to my "Summer Baby To-Do List!"

Amy said...

LOL You just stressed me out with this list!! I think you got it all!!! - Last thing we still need to do is install new air filter and get bag of dog toys, food, treats ready to go to their Grandma's house!

Mechelle said...

One more thing. Read a trashy novel, or watch a trashy show. That list exhausted me and I've done the whole baby thing before. Not near that organized either.

Anonymous said...

Read Shades of Grey!! :)

Anonymous said...

pshaw, lists schmists... there will still be a million things you DIDNT think of and in reality- NONE of this will even matter once the baby arrives. Your life will be completely different forever, you'll never be able to make a list like this again.
I say relax and enjoy, who needs the stress.
Oh and rest.. b/c you will never rest soundly again :)