Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sock Monkey Baby Shower!

I've started and stopped this post several times now because I just don't have the words to describe this weekend adequately.  The love, the friendship...it was just...overwhelming.  Saturday was up there with our wedding day and the day we found out we were pregnant as one of the BEST days of my life!




My very dearest friends, Missy, Laura, Stephanie and Emily, threw me and Carter the sweetest baby shower I've ever been to.  There was not a detail overlooked, not a space undecorated, and not a second where I didn't feel like the most special person in the room.  To say "thank you" to these girls for such a wonderful day just doesn't seem like enough, but....THANK YOU!!  I love you all SO very much and Carter is such a lucky boy to have so many lovely aunts in his life!



Since the nursery has sock monkey decor the shower theme was perfect! Everywhere I looked there was little red and brown and monkey details...so cute! I have the most creative friends!  And talk about TALENT...check out the cupcakes and cookies that were HAND-MADE by Stephanie!






We left with a car-full of the sweetest gifts that are now taking over the playroom.  Carter is one blessed little boy! I am so thankful to spend my next few days putting everything away and organizing for this little one (and praying for minimal contractions while I do so!)  Also, everyone brought a book instead of a card so Carter has quite the little library started!





More than anything I'm just so THANKFUL for all the love my monkey will have in his life. :)



5 comments:

Laura said...

It was such an honor to host this shower for you and my amazing nephew who I CANNOT wait to meet and spoil!!!! Does he need more clothes lol?? And because I'm the nicest sister in the world I'll refreain from making any ankle comments.. You owe me ;)

Amanda McD said...

For the record, my ankles have been normal sized Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. ;)

Mechelle said...

My brother love, love, loved Curious George. In fact, he still has many of his keepsakes. He also had several sock monkeys. Love the theme!

Mechelle said...

Oh, and Aunt Laura...love the dress. You matched perfectly!

Amy said...

Your shower looks like it was perfect!!! Baby Carter is so blessed! Wish I could have been there - those cupcakes look delicious! Don't over do it this week going through all baby C's goodies!!! :)