Wednesday, May 16, 2012

33 Weeks



Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 33 weeks
Size of baby: pineapple
Gender: BOY...Carter Ryan!
Weight gain19 pounds, lost a pound this week
Movement: he is head down so I can feel his hands in my lower left abdomen, his butt on my left, and his feet on my right...mostly in my ribs at night
Sleep: I have good and bad nights, but mainly just catch sleep when I can these days
Symptoms: insomnia, itching and swelling
Cravings: carbs and water
What I miss: being able to cuddle up closely to Matt.  Now I have this huge belly in the way! 
Best moment this week: all the love Carter and I received at the baby shower last Saturday!! 
Best husband moment/quote: I was showing Matt all the gifts from the shower and he looked very confused.  Finally he asked, "Monkey needs ALL of this stuff?"   
Belly-button watch: started poking out, especially when I stand up or laugh
Notes: Looking forward to my second baby shower this weekend! This one is mainly family so I'm excited to see everyone I haven't seen in awhile.
Also, Dr P checked me today and I've started dilating, even with the cerclage in.  She will check me again on Tuesday and if I've still managed to make progress we will have to go ahead and get the cerclage removed.  I'm adding a dose of my medication in the middle of the night (you know, since I'm up anyway) so hopefully that will help with the contractions and keep me from dilating further.  

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Hi! I'm popping in from Kelly's Korner - I'm also due July 4 with a little boy (and I'm a teacher!). Congrats on your little guy!

Francis said...

You look fabulous. All belly!

Hooked on the Howards said...

Found you at Kelly's Korner. I am also from TX and due with a baby boy in July. I am #57 on her list if you would like to check out my blog! Congrats and good luck in this Texas heat!

AJ said...

saying HI from Kelly's Korner I'm a FTM July momma!!!
your bump is freaking adorable!
congrats!