Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tuesday tidbits


  • Sometimes, I miss working.
  • I've been SUPER emotional this week.  I praise my husband for having patience with me when I have none with him.
  • I laid out yesterday and got a sunburn on my tummy.  Does that mean Monkey has a sunburn too?
  • My house is a wreck and stressing me out.
  • I complained to my doctor last week at my appointment about various things that were on my nerves and have felt guilty ever since.  The infertile inside of me is pissed I would even THINK about complaining.  I'm going to apologize to my doctor tomorrow for being the whiney patient. 
  • Cooper knows what's up.  He seriously doesn't leave my side unless I physically leave the house.  I can just imagine him crying at the door while I'm gone waiting for me to come home.   
  • I'm really looking forward to my baby shower this weekend!
  • I have my second round of steroid shots this week and, if they are anything like last round, they will make me stay awake all night for the next few nights.  I'm trying not to work on my To Do list so I will have something to do once the insomnia hits.
  • I'm not sure how pregnant women who are not on bed rest do it.  Leaving my bed, even for an hour at a time, is so uncomfortable.  
  • Pregnancy dreams are no joke.
  • Spring football is underway and I wish there was a better way I could serve Matt.  He is so stressed about work right now and he just comes home to me and still has to worry about dinner, cleaning the house, my To Do list, etc.  I'm trying to listen and just let him vent when he comes home, but I just can't get used to not doing things for him like I usually do during football season.  What can I say, acts of service are my love language and I'm essentially mute right now.
  • Speaking of football, I can't believe that I will be holding a mini-Matt at the next game I attend.  Eek!! I've already started praying for cooperative weather.
  • I've been writing things on my To Do list that I've already done just so I can cross them off.  I belong in the psych ward.
  • I've decided to stop working on the nursery until after Monkey is here.  He will be in our room for awhile anyway, so there is no need for me to stress about anything else right now.  Plus, it's pretty much done except for decor.
  • I saw some pictures on Facebook this week of my students at the 8th grade dance.  Then I got to thinking that my very first group of students will graduate in a few weeks.  Must.stop.aging.
  • My ankles are swollen.  I take back everything I ever said to Laura at the end of her pregnancy with Brooks.    

3 comments:

Amy said...

I praise my husband for having patience with me when I have none with him - I need this engraved on a plaque! Hang in there! You are in the home stretch!

Mechelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mechelle said...

Yes, I certainly don't give my hubby near as much slack as he gives me. Every. Day.

However, you have done and done and done for others (especially Matt). This is temporary...he can handle it for a little bit longer. He is a grown man afterall. Just a wee bit longer... :)