Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Break 2012

Plan A: Babymoon to the Bahamas (aka our honeymoon spot). This was our original plan this year, even after we knew we were pregnant.  It was the first time in years Matt didn't have to coach soccer, we could celebrate my bday and our anniversary and a babymoon all in one!  Matt scratched this idea about Christmas-time, saying he didn't feel comfortable taking his pregnant wife out of the country.  Boo.

Plan B: Babymoon to Las Vegas.  Once we decided we would stay state-side we debated between Vegas and NYC, finally choosing Vegas because we figured it would be too cold in NYC in March.  We literally were booking our tickets on the night of Feb 13 and "something" told us we should wait to see how our doctor appointment went the next day.  February 14 we found out about my incompetent cervix and got the cerclage on the 15th.  So our spring break plans changed again, thankfully we didn't book our tickets!

Plan C: Babymoon at home.  This seemed to work out well for us, even if it wasn't the spring break we had planned.  It was SO NICE having Matt home with me all week- I felt so spoiled!!  He took such good care of me and Cooper, and honestly, it was so nice to have some company during the day!  We managed to:

  • Watch all 6 Star Wars movies
  • Catch up on Season 7 of HIMYM
  • Watch Harry Potter 1-3
  • Celebrate my bday, twice
  • Celebrate our anniversary (at an actual restaurant!!!)
  • Go to the doctor, twice
  • Have some visitors
  • Spend more time together in one week than we have in all of 2012 combined
I was seriously so sad to watch him leave for work this morning. :(  When his alarm went off and he mumbled something about taking the day off I smiled and got my hopes up a little, but then he came to his senses and went to work.  Poor thing.  If only he could be on bed rest with me...

No comments: