Friday, March 2, 2012

Bed rest

Wednesday at my post-op appointment Dr P brought up the bed rest conversation again.  We discussed it after the cerclage, but she agreed that if I took it easy at work that I should be okay, at least for a few more weeks.  (Not sure how you "take it easy" as a teacher at work?  Sit down- he's so low that's uncomfortable.  Not walk to and from your car?  Impossible, I say.)

That was 2 weeks ago.  Since then I've battled a NASTY stomach virus and have started having contractions pretty regularly.  She monitored me for a little while at the office and quickly declared that I needed to be at home.  Modified bed rest.

So this is my new reality.  I can't work or do anything strenuous, or anything that causes me to have 4+ contractions per hour.  I can still leave the house, thank God!  She just wants me off my feet more and will keep a close eye on me monitoring me every 2 weeks instead of 4 weeks.  I have to watch my fluid intake closely and not lift anything- including little Brooks and Mason.  :(

I can't believe I'm not going back to work!! It's crazy to think I'm done for the year! Kind of wish I could have said goodbye to my kids, but I know Lauren will take excellent care of them.  They won't even notice I'm gone, lol!

So 18 weeks of this.  I've started a to-do list of things I need to accomplish before Monkey makes his arrival (which she says will be sometime in June, for sure.)  I'm resting a lot and planning on doing a lot of reading.  Yesterday I spent my morning watching the Today Show and Kathy Lee & Hoda.  I could definitely get used to this!

Have any good book recommendations for me?  Anything I should add to me To Do list?  Ideas on ways to stay busy?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you read the Hunger Games? Everyone says they are amazing!

Katy said...

Hey! I have been following your blog from Amanda's (and our hubbys went to KHS together!) and I just wanted to say hang in there! I was put on hospital bedrest and then strict bedrest at home when I was 30 weeks. It's pretty boring, but you find ways to entertain yourself! Babycenter.com has a really good bedrest board that you should check out. Lots of ladies going through the same thing! Good luck!!

Robby and Stephanie said...

Lots of Mason and Brooks time;) And, we can bake together:)

Snhubenak said...

Hey there girlie. As far as reading goes...I really loved:
Pillars of the Earth (book1)
World without End (book2)
American Assassin (Vince Flynn)
Water for Elephants

Im about to start the hunger games...I guess I need to see what all the hype is about! :)

Hope you're feeling ok...let me know if you need anything!