Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Our Little Pumpkins

I'm terribly late getting this post up, but Matty was so nice and brought home a cold to both me and Carter so I've been hibernating as much as possible.  He's so sweet, that husband ;)

So we usually go over to Robby & Stephanie's for Halloween but decided to have everyone over at our house this year.  Basically just our families and a few friends.  A week before the Halloween party we scheduled our gender ultrasound for the day before Halloween...perfect timing for a gender reveal! Everyone had been asking me if we would do another gender reveal, how we would reveal since there was two, etc so this ended up being perfect since both of our families would be together.  Matt ended up being at work, but we will just leave that detail out of the story. 

Once we had the ultrasound scheduled we started racking our brains for how we would share the news with everyone.  I have to be honest, I was stumped for awhile just because there were two to reveal for.  I didn't want it to be confusing and didn't want to spend a lot of money.  I also didn't want to use balloons again since we used that for Carter.  The Friday Matt and I took Carter to the pumpkin patch it hit me...PUMPKINS!! It would be cute for our little pumpkins in my belly, and fit the season of the party.  Perfect!

We bought 4 pumpkins and carved "It's" "A" and two circles, one for each baby.  Then we bought pink and blue Christmas lights (thank you, Amazon Prime, for free two-day shipping) to stuff in the pumpkins.  Once everyone was at the party we turned on the right color...

...and they were BOTH PINK!!! Matt was shocked, I was shocked, and everyone at the party was shocked! Two little girls!! Two little sisters! Bows and ruffles and lace, oh my!!
I love this picture.  Pure elation from our loved ones, Brooks covering her ears, and (you can't see it) Carter crying in PawPaw's arms

Everyone was so excited and surprised....not many people thought we would even have one girl, much less TWO! Matt and I actually had been thinking it was two boys and had some boy names picked out.  But we were totally wrong! 

Matt couldn't go to the ultrasound appointment with me on Wednesday, so I just had to text him the news once it was over since he was in class.  The ultrasound tech was the same lady we had with Carter's ultrasound, and I taught her son at KJH.  She took forever looking at each baby, measuring feet and looking at faces, and finally said "I'm pretty sure they are both girls, but I'm just making sure" and I just lost it.  "I have two daughters" was all that kept going through my mind.  She poked around for awhile longer while I composed myself and at the end said "I can't say for 100% at 16 weeks with twins that they are both girls, but I'm 99% sure and I've never been wrong."  Haha! Good enough for me!  Matt, on the other hand wasn't convinced and is still holding onto hope that one is a boy, lol! (He really wanted two more boys)
Clearly he's shocked, haha!

We still have not gotten over the shock of having two girls (or not being able to reuse all those baby boy clothes) but are SO THANKFUL that they both look good and we were able to share with both of our families together.  There still is nothing like sharing big new like this with your loved ones! They were all so happy and excited and I just know Daddy is smiling in heaven thinking of his two little granddaughters.  

PS- I had another ultrasound on Monday at my 18-week appointment and she said they are both 100% girls! There you go, Matty! 



3 comments:

Gillian said...

That is so fun!! We find out the gender of #2 on Tuesday. I am so nervous, so excited, anxious, all of it. So cool to be going through this at the same time! Congrats again :)

Emily said...

I'm crying all over again! I love those baby girls *almost as much as I love my own 😊💗💗

Brittany said...

LOVE THIS! What a cute way to share the news! I LOOOVE the pictures of your family's reactions! Priceless!! I am also cracking up at Matt's text. I can't wait to hear what their names will be!! Have you decided?