Monday, January 23, 2012

Gender reveal party

We had so much fun last Tuesday sharing our joy over our little BOY with our friends and families.  I'm telling you...there is NO better feeling than seeing your loved ones so incredibly happy for you!  Baby McDaniel- you are SO LOVED by SO many people!

The Decor: Since we had MLK Day off the day before our ultrasound, I spent the day decorating the house in pink and blue.  It was super, super easy and literally took me a few hours and zero prep.

Dining room.  Baby pictures of us on the table and pregnancy symptoms on the lights.

Each circle listed symptoms from each gender to help our guests guess

Banner in the kitchen

Kitchen table

Baby Matt and Amanda :)

Cupcakes and cake balls from Lauren

Guests signed a page for the baby's scrapbook

I had my pregnancy scrapbook out for guests to see

The huge box we held the balloons in until the big reveal

The Guests: We had our friends and families over to share the news and it was perfect.  Not too many people but everyone there was SO EXCITED!  We seriously have so much LOVE for this little one.

Aunt Laura

Cousin Love (I'm seriously sticking my belly out here!)

Nana and PawPaw

Mama K and Daddy J

Uncle Robby, Mason and Aunt Stephie

"Cousin" lovin

Team Pink!

Team Blue!

The Reveal: I went shopping with Missy the day before and she just so happened so buy some chairs from PB that came in this box.  It was perfect!  I wrapped it in paper and cut out the letters on my Cricut.  After the ultrasound Matt and I ran to HEB (and hid from several of our students...of course) and bought the ballons.  When everyone was there we let our moms open the box.  Surprise!!! 




A big thanks to everyone who came to love on our baby boy.  We are so blessed with such wonderful friends and family...I can't say that enough.  I know we will have so many babysitters and "aunts" and "uncles" to love on our little one and just can't wait to meet him!  

And just because I love this picture...

2 comments:

Brittany said...

This looks SO fun!!! You did a great job!! Yay baby BOY McDaniel!!

Robby and Stephanie said...

It was the best party I have EVER been to! You did a great job decorating... an event that will never be forgotten for sure:)
You got some great pictures;) Oh, and those cupcakes, Oh my deliciousness!
We love you baby boy.