Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Flu and good news

Well, I'm home with the flu :(  I forgot how miserable the flu makes you, even though I had it only a year ago.  It started on Monday while I was at work with a sore throat, progressed to a cough and ear pain, and now my whole body hurts.  Thankfully I'm not running a fever but doc has me taking my temp every hour to monitor that my temp isn't going up at all.  And wants me to stay home from work all week...darn. Bad news is that the vomiting is back, although I've felt much better this evening.

Good news is that our genetic blood work and scan came back clean!  Baby looks wonderful and test results came back all within normal range except my iron levels (I'm anemic so we were assuming that would come back low.)  I know these genetic tests have a high rate of false positives AND negatives, but as much stuff as I've been worrying about this pregnancy it DOES make me feel better.

Matty is taking good care of me.  So thankful it's not football season and he's actually at home to help :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you feel better soon!