Monday, January 16, 2012

Football player or cheerleader?

Well...tomorrow is the BIG day!  Despite my pleas of waiting, Matt has decided that we ARE finding out the sex of our baby, no questions asked.  He's so excited and just ready to know one way or the other.  I also think he thinks knowing the gender will help with our ongoing name game.  I give him points there, at least it will eliminate 1/2 of the names on our fridge.

I still have NO IDEA either way if this baby is a boy or girl.  I don't understand how people just "know." I guess it's just a lucky guess, lol.  I think I'm going to be surprised either way and just so overjoyed to see our little one on the ultrasound again.  I can't wait to see the little hands and feet and watch the movement (haven't felt anything since the flutters last week.)  Praying our little one cooperates so we can know for sure...football player or cheerleader??

And for you, here's a list of old wives tales and which side we are leaning towards, enjoy!

  • Heart rate > 140 bpm points to...GIRL
  • Needle/ring test points to...BOY
  • Craving sweets points to...GIRL
  • Little morning sickness points to...BOY
  • Chinese Gender Chart point to...GIRL
  • Dry hands point to...BOY
  • Mayan rule of even and odd points to...GIRL
  • Feet colder than normal points to...BOY
  • Skin break-out points to...GIRL
  • Not feeling moody points to...BOY
  • Husband gaining "sympathy weight points to...GIRL
  • Carrying in front points to...BOY
  • Prefer to sleep on right side points to...GIRL

So it's pretty close!  Like I said, I'll be surprised either way tomorrow.  We are having our friends and family over tomorrow night for the gender reveal and I CANNOT WAIT to see their faces!  I think all of them are glad we are finding out so they can start shopping, lol.

And for my sister, please vote in the poll at the top.  :)

6 comments:

Amy said...

I can't wait! You will have to post right away!! I had horrible morning sickness, skin breakouts, low heart rate and it was a boy! The chinese prediction was correct for us!

Loren Williamson said...

I am so excited for you, and even more excited that you decided to find out the gender! What a special day tomorrow will be! You MUST post as soon as you tell your friends and family! I'll be waiting for the news, as I sit at the soccer game! :) Either way your family is blessed by this little miracle, and your family will be perfect!

Brittany said...

So exciting!!! Can't wait to hear the news!

Jade said...

I cannot wait to hear the news. I am so excited for ya'll! What a wonderful time in you and Matt's lives. Keep posting baby bump pictures because you are too cute! My guess is a girl, but I will vote at the top. :)

Grace Meeker said...

I can't wait to see your post tomorrow what your having!! =) I also can't believe that time is already here that your finding out what your having!!! so excited for you guys!! =)

Sara said...

:) So thankful for a healthy growing baby in our family! We are so extremely blessed!