Friday, January 13, 2012

HIMYM

One of my favorite things to do when I have the time is find a great TV show on Netflix, and watch all the seasons over the course of a few weeks.  That's how I started out my summer last year with Friday Night Lights.  It's the best way to watch a show because 1) there are no commercials, even ones you have to fast forward through, 2) the jokes in the show make more sense since (weird to see those two words back-to-back) you remember the reference, 3) like a book, it's easy to get "sucked in" and relate to the show.

Over Christmas break Matt and I started watching How I Met Your Mother on Netflix.  I had watched the show before, but not weekly and I didn't ever set my DVR to record.  There were 6 seasons available on Netflix with the 7th on air, so it was the perfect choice for us.

I am so glad we started watching!  I know we're late to the game, but this show is so funny!  It's perfect for us because each episode is only 22 minutes long, so we watch and episode or two every night before we go to sleep and doesn't take up too much of our time.  I love going to be laughing! Barney is hilarious, and you have to just love Ted.  I can't wait to see how he meets his wife, lol!  

Some of my favorites:
  • Legend-wait for it-dary
  • Have you met Ted?
  • Bro me
  • Suit up!
  • The blue french horn (I still want Robin and Ted to work out)
  • The suit song
  • High fives
  • The slap bet
  • Marshall and Lily
I should add that the top girl name on Matt's list right now is Alyson, after Alyson Hannigan.  Yeah, he's slightly obsessed.  Ask him what Jason Segal or Alyson Hanigan's last tweets were and he can tell you.

We're just started season 6, so we still have quite a bit of watching to do until we catch up to the episodes on TV.  We've started taking it slow so we don't get too close to the end, lol.  We don't want to finish season 6 and not have season 7 ready for us to start on Netflix.  

Do you watch HIMYM?  Once we finish, are there any other shows you can recommend for us on Netflix?

2 comments:

Mechelle said...

We do watch HIMYM. I have done what you guys are doing with That '70's Show. And, this Christmas, my girls INSISTED I watch Mad Men. I watched all four seasons over the break. I LOVE, LOVE it. Can't wait for the new season.

Mechelle said...

Also, I don't know if it is on Netflix or not, but I like Rules of Engagement. I don't really care for David Spade, but this show is funny!