Sunday, November 17, 2013

Regular season wrap-up

So now that we are one week into the playoffs I guess I should wrap-up the regular season.  :)

Katy 41 - Klein 3
Katy 49 - Alief Taylor 0
Katy 37 - The Woodlands 13
Katy 42 - Mayde Creek 0
Katy 28 - Morton Ranch 3
Katy 44 - Taylor 0
Katy 17 - Seven Lakes 12
Katy 49 - Strake Jesuit 7
Katy 40 - Cinco Ranch 7
Katy 35 - Memorial 0

We ended the season 10-0! I have one happy coach on my hands! Now if we could just win the next 6 games (state championship) then nothing could top that! Our bracket looks good, but December 21st is circled on our calendar and we are certainly hoping to be in Dallas that weekend.  

Once new thing this season is that Matt has spent some time coaching on the sideline.  He usually coaches from the press box (his preference) because he likes to "see" whats happening and focus on adjustments.  But this season Coach Joseph has called him down to the sideline a few times so he could call the defense from there.  It's not Matt's favorite thing to do, but it gives him more experience and it's so fun to watch him coach from my seat in the stands!  Usually I'm turning around after every play to see if I can gauge his reaction, but now I can easily read his body language.  To be honest, I have to hold my breath sometimes when there is a bad call from a ref because he is not the best at biting his tongue.  Sometimes I wish I had a lasso so I could pull him back from arguing with the refs! Thankfully, he usually lets Coach J do all the arguing and I don't have to worry too much.  I have just been bringing my cell phone to games this year (can't keep up with a toddler and a camera) so I don't have any good pictures of him on the sideline yet.  









10 down...6 to go! 

No comments: