Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013


Happy Thanksgiving! We had a very busy day yesterday split between 3 Thanksgivings and Matt working.  This was the first year that we have EVER spent Thanksgiving with Matts family (usually they go to Louisiana and we are here since Matt has to work) so it was extra special.

We started the day off just me and Carter Man and went to breakfast at Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Robbys.  We had a delicious spread of cinnamon rolls and breakfast casserole, with a side of lots of sugar from all the boys.  :)  I managed to only take one picture of Graeme Bone while we were there. 


After a filling breakfast we headed home to get dressed and play before we headed out again.  Matt got home from work around 11am so I headed over to my moms to help cook while the boys stayed home to nap.


Daddy was definitely missed, but we still managed to celebrate and stay in good spirits yesterday.  Daddy always prayed over the meal for us, and it never failed they he always said the most random, hilarious, and/or inappropriate comment while praying.  That part definitely was not the same.  We only had seven adults there, but we had enough food to feed closer to 20, especially stuffing.  I filled my pregnant belly as full as I could and enjoyed the company.





Matt left to go back to work and Carter and I had some time to play.  We actually were also able to run outside for five minutes and see my childhood friend, Pat, and his son, Mason.  I've never met Mason so it was good to see him in person.  Mason and Carter are only 4 days apart!

From there we met back up with Matty at Coach Joseph's house.  Since Matt's family is usually in Louisiana for Thanksgiving we usually spend our Thanksgiving evenings with the Josephs.  This year we just stopped by quickly so we could see everyone before jumping back in the car and heading to Matt's parents house.  Carter had a blast playing outside with their dog, Tara, and we had a short but sweet visit with Uncle Jeff and the Joseph family.

Last we made it to Matt's parents house around 6:00pm.  Everything was cooked and everyone was already there, so we were definitely late to the party.  If my mom had enough food for 20 then Nana had enough food for 50.  There was fried turkey, ham, sandhill crane, ribs, casseroles galore, and sides for days.  Plus desserts! By this point my belly could not possibly hold another baby or piece of food, so I kindly opted out of dinner.  Also by this point Carter Man had ENOUGH and was in rare form, so we only stayed long enough for Matt to eat.  







My thanks this year are very simple: I'm thankful for Matt, Carter, these baby girls, and our families.  I'm thankful for the time we had together with Daddy. And I'm thankful for the very, very blessed lives we live.  

1 comment:

Emily said...

"And Emily... I'm thankful for my BFF Emily." Now your post is complete. ;)