Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween 2013


We switched things up a bit this year and hosted Halloween at our house.  We just invited our families and a couple of Carter's friends, so it stayed smallish.  Since Halloween fell on a Thursday this year Matt missed out on all the fun and was at school for the subvarsity football games.  Boo.


I finally got around to ordering Carter's costume last month (last year I had his Yoda costume a full 3 months before Halloween) and he was a Katy Tiger.  He wasn't a fan of his "paws" or his hood, but he surprised me by not trying to take off the rest of the costume the whole night.  I actually don't think he even realized he had a costume on!  Of course, I didn't get a great photo of him the entire night...thus is life with a 1-year old.


It rained all day Wednesday and Thursday, but the sun broke through Thursday afternoon and it was a really pretty night for trick-or-treating and being outside.  The kids played in the muddy backyard for awhile, but I don't think they even noticed that the grass was wet.



We ate dinner...chili, pork sliders, cornbread, potato salad, sides and dessert.  Then we had our gender reveal! (more on that in a separate post)  Afterwards we were ready to hit the street.  Carter surprised me and actually walked up to a few houses on his own.  Of course, he couldn't say "trick-or-treat" and didn't really understand that he could take candy for himself, but he still looked cute.  I think we went to 3 houses or so and all the neighbors were so sweet to our little tiger.  One guy prefaced our candy asking if he was a LSU tiger...no sir! Lol!



By 7:30 my little guy was a mess so we headed home while Mama K and Auntie Carol got to treat all the kiddos outside.  And sweet Nana cleaned my entire kitchen!


It was a great night that could have only been made better if Daddy had been home.  It's crazy to think that next Halloween we will have THREE little kiddos to dress up!! Eeeek!

No comments: