Thursday, April 18, 2013

Must Haves: 6-9 Months

1) Jumper


I simply cannot say how glad I am we registered for this jumper.  Initially I was hesitant since we also had this exersaucer, however they serve two different purposes and it's nice to have one in each room.  Plus, this one grows for much longer.  Mason and Brooks both still love to play in the jumper when they come over and they are both 2 years old!

2) Munchkin spoons

I tried the spoons that turned colors when food temperature was too hot but Carter didn't like those.  These are perfect for little 6-month-old mouths and the extended length is great when I'm fighting flailing arms and a head that never stops moving.  Anytime I feed Carter with a different type of spoon I always think about how much I like the Munchkin spoons more.  

3) Blow-up bathtub


To be perfectly honest, I put this on Carter's Christmas list simply because I thought it was cute and he would enjoy it.  It ended up being the perfect transition piece for him after the infant tub but before he was really ready for the full bathtub.  He would still fall over every once in awhile in the bath so the sides prevented his precious little head from hitting the sides of the tub.  We used this from 7-10 months in the tub and now just leave it in the playroom for him to crawl all over.  :)

4) High chair/ shopping cart cover

Once he started sitting in a high chair I was grossed out looking at the high chairs in restaurants.  They were sticky and nasty and there was just no way Carter was going to sit in one of those without wrapping him in plastic and dousing him in disinfectant.  Plus, for the first month of high chair sitting he still needed a little padding so he could stay upright in the larger chairs.  Nana got us this one for Christmas and it doubles as a shopping cart cover as well.  It washes well and has nifty little pockets that I can store boogie wipes and toys in to keep Carter entertained while we eat or shop.

5) A high chair you can CLEAN! 

We have the Graco Blossom high chair, which is nice, but if money were no object I would buy the Boon Flair.  Isn't it beautiful??

The problem with most high chairs is that they get messy.  Pureed food bits that have crusted over are tough to get out.  Plus there's always crumbs from cheerios, puffs, crackers, etc.  I want something I can just take out back and hose down, lol! The good part about ours is that it will grow with Carter and turn into a booster seat so I won't have to buy anything else down the road.

No comments: