Wednesday, April 3, 2013

29th Birthday

Backing up a little...

On March 12th I turned 29!  Carter celebrated the day by drinking from a sippy cup for the first time.  :)  Honestly, I wasn't looking forward to my birthday this year because it was the one month day that we lost Daddy.  But my mom and Matt did a wonderful job of making the day very special and I actually had a really great time.  I had one small break-down, which was way less than I was anticipating.  Carter was sweet and got me exactly what the doctor ordered...a Chick-fil-A diet coke (Lent doesn't count on your birthday...right?!) and a cupcake.

Matt was on spring break (which made the day all better!) so Mom and I left the boys at home and had a girls day.  We went to Tiny Boxwoods for lunch where I had the most delicious sandwich.  Afterwards we hit Sprinkles cupcakes for dessert and did a little shopping.  Can you ever have a bad day when cupcakes are involved?!?



That night Matt took me to Taste of Texas for dinner.  Matt and I are alike in that we both enjoy waiting at ToT as much as eating because the bar area has such good FREE chips and salsa.  I swear we will be disappointed if we ever go there and are seated right away.  We both ate WAY too much and fell asleep watching a movie when we got home.

A few nights later Mama, Brooks and Laura came over for dinner.  They brought two of my favs: Rudy's BBQ and Oh La La cupcakes.  We took advantage of the beautiful weather and snapped some pictures in the backyard that are now some of my favorites.






Can't believe in only a year Matt and I will be turning 30!!

No comments: