Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Weekend 2013

Now that I am not working I have such a hard time keeping track of holidays/ days of the week/ etc on my calendar.  It didn't even occur to me that Matt would be off work on Friday until he left Thursday afternoon and made a comment about a 3-day weekend.  Best news ever!

Thursday evening we met Mason and Graeme at Bass Pro and had our first Easter Bunny picture taken.  How handsome are these boys?!? It took a few takes but I think this perfectly sums up our boys.

After that we hosted dinner for the newlyweds- grilled and baked fish, twice-baked potatoes, asparagus and bread.  Yum!

Friday we did a whole lot of nothing just hanging out with Daddy around the house.  We actually got a lot of cleaning and organizing done- it's amazing how much having an extra set of hands around helps! Matt and his dad floored our attic a few weekends ago so we are working on re-organizing everything up there and in the garage.  Once this project is over I will feel so much better!  Friday night we had a small pre-Easter celebration over at Steph & Rob's with pizza and paque.  Carter won the paque competition!

Saturday we headed over to the McDaniel's for crawfish.  Not only did we feast on crawfish, but they were the biggest crawfish we have ever seen!  I completely filled up but Matt put us all to shame- that boy ate at least 10 pounds by himself.  We were all finished eating and he was still sitting at the table by himself still eating crawfish, lol!

Saturday night we had all of our friends over that we haven't seen in awhile, including baby Nate!  Matt manned the grill and made ribeyes, pork tenderloins wrapped in bacon, and dove.  We fried some squirrel, had mac-n-cheese and made potato casserole.  So good!  Saturday was definitely all about good food and good friends.

Sunday we slept-in and attended the 11:00 service which was so good! I just love Easter service and our fill-in pastor did such a great job.  Matt and I bought an Easter lily in memory of Daddy so we were able to take that home with us. We usually attend the 9:45 service because that works better with Carter's nap schedule, but we needed to go at 11 today and poor baby completely missed his morning nap.  He was a trooper though and powered through with a great attitude until the afternoon.  We had lunch at my parents and spent most of the time just letting Brooks and Carter play.  They are starting to really play together and so it's fun to watch them interact and play.  Brooks had a blast hunting Easter eggs (in her princess crown, nonetheless!)  The Easter bunny brought Brooks and Carter matching Kelly's Kids outfits for this summer!!
*I only had my little point-and-shoot camera today and I hate how some of the indoor pictures came out.  Ugh! I ended up take some on my phone because even those came out better.  


Carter could totally pass as Laura's son/Brooks' brother.  That must be where he gets the blonde hair and blue eyes! 

For dinner we went over to the McDaniel's again and the boys were completely spoiled by the Easter bunny!  At the end of the night Mason and Carter took their first joint bath and had a blast together.  The first of many!! We tried to get another group picture but my camera came out all grainy and gross.

He LOVED his Mickey Mouse ball! 


Although I miss Daddy and wish we could re-do today with him here, I can't help but be thankful for all of the family I do have here with me.  It's been a wonderful weekend with wonderful people who help to lift me up and keep a smile on my face.  Happy Easter!

No comments: