Monday, January 7, 2013

E cubed

So Matt and I have discovered Revenge on Netflix! We literally have done nothing but sit in the living room watching Revenge for the last 3 days.  With him going back to work tomorrow I'm finally getting back to blogging, bridal shower planning and Christmas clean-up that I have been putting off all week!

Katy won our semifinal game against Cibolo Steele to make it to the state championship! Whoo hoo!! All the state games 5A through 6-man were held the same weekend in Cowboys Stadium in Arlington with our game being Saturday afternoon.  Since the game was in Arlington that meant good news for me and Carter...ROAD TRIP to see Emily and Ella and meet Eva!! Carter and Eva were born 2 days apart so I was so excited we could meet up while they were still babies.

We normally ride to all of the games with Matt's parents, but with Graeme being in the NICU Matt's parents decided to stay at home and watch the game on TV.  Once our ride was taken away Matt and I debated all week about when/how Carter and I would get to Dallas.  We thought about flying, Laura and I discussed riding together, but finally I just decided that Carter and I would go up on Friday just the two of us.  I prayed ALL week that Carter would be okay in the car- especially after our last road trip went so poorly.  I really wasn't looking forward to the trip (I even bought new ear plugs for the inevitable screaming) and just spent all week on my knees begging God for a safe and smooth trip.

We left Friday morning at 9:15am and Carter fell right asleep.  We went up 45 so we could stop at Buc-ees and Carter started stirring right when we pulled into the parking lot.  We took 45 minutes to eat, stretch our legs and nurse.  About 12:30pm we hit the road again and by the time Matt called at 12:40pm Carter was back asleep!  It was the BEST answered prayer I could have asked for! He slept all the way until I woke him up in Emily's driveway about 2:30pm!

I can't express in words how good it was to see Emily and love on her two sweet girls in person.  Emily is my other half, my BFF, my person.  We spent the rest of Friday hanging out with the babies and eating BBQ and it was glorious.

Eva completely showed up Carter with her unassisted sitting skills.  She has the sweetest little disposition and is such a girlie-girl, playing daintily with all of her toys and letting out the quietest little squeals.  Meanwhile Carter Man was rolling all over the flooring throwing everything in his mouth and squealing non-stop.  I guess that's the difference between boys and girls! Ella Bella loved showing Carter Man how to play with all the toys.

Saturday morning Ella's elf, Beauty, brought up doughnuts for breakfast, yum! We spent some time at the house while the little's napped and headed over to her parents house around lunchtime for their family Christmas.  We dined on some *ahem* crispy pizza, decorated cookies and watched a little bit of the 4A championship game.  Around 2pm Eric drove me and C to Cowboys Stadium.  It was so nice of Eric to drive us and even better being able to pull up to the doors and walk in.

After the victory Eric again picked me up curbside and, after a little Chick-fil-A, headed back to Midlothian.  Emily and I were able to stay up just a little while longer before we both fell into our beds for the night.  It was a long day!

Sunday we woke up and hit the road around 9am.  Our return trip was identical to our trip there with Carter sleeping the entire way home and a stop at Buc-ees for lunch.  We pulled in the driveway around 2pm and even had the time and energy that night to buy some state champion t-shirts and hit the (very crowded) mall for last-minute Christmas shopping.  Thank you, God, for blessing us with safe and silent travels.

I'm hoping Emily and I can continue to get together every 6 months or so.  How else will Eva and Carter be able to start their courtship?? ;)

Thanks, Em, for letting me and Carter stay with you! It was so comfortable and easy, especially since my packing load was cut in half with all the stuff you provided for us!  Can't wait to see you again! Love you and your girls!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Between the two of us, we've got this pre-30, young mom, trophy wife, thing down. I LOVE YOU!