Thursday, December 20, 2012

Semifinals: Katy vs Cibolo Steele

WORD AROUND TOWN IS THE TIGERS ARE STATE BOUND!

Last Saturday Katy beat Cibolo Steele 45-33 in the Division II Semifinal game to advance to the state finals! Yay!  Whoo hoo!! So proud of my Tigers!


The game was played in Waco at Floyd Casey Stadium and since Little Man had brochiolitis we stayed home and watched the game on TV.  This was my first ever game to miss.  Ever.  It didn't help that I came down with the same cold Carter started off with which then turned into a sinus infection so we were both feeling pretty beat.  By the grace of God the game was televised (that never happens) or I would have been really tempted to make the trip to Waco.  I'm so glad we were still able to cheer on our Tigers from home! 


Katy jumped to an early 21-0 lead and just when I started to breath a little easier the Knights tied it up going into halftime.  Eekk!!  We've never been tied at halftime all season and Carter and I were really stressing! I KNOW Matt had to have been biting all of his fingernails off trying to make adjustments at halftime.  


In the end the Tigers prevailed in order to advance to the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!  We will play the Cedar Hill Longhorns on Saturday at Cowboy Stadium in Arlington.  Carter and I are hitting the road early tomorrow so we can see/meet Emily, Ella and Eva! I'm so excited!

*sidenote*
Cedar Hill beat Jeff's Chaparalls from Westlake to make it into the finals.  If Jeff's team had won we would be playing each other on Saturday....crazy!  I hate to see Jeff lose but it would have been terrible for one of us to lose to the other for state.  

*sidenote*
I'm 50/50 on what I'm more excited about this weekend...playing for state or seeing Emily.  This will be the best weekend ever! 

No comments: