Monday, December 31, 2012

Life lately

Holy moly, where did December go?!?  Between keeping Brooks, Carter getting brochiolitis (which we are still fighting), football playoffs, Christmas presents/decor/baking/wrapping/activities and Graeme my month has flown by and I don't think I have kept up very well at all.  I need to upload all the pictures off my cameras and then I have a whole list of things to catch up on.  Just what New Years Eve in front of the TV is for, lol! I'm living on the edge!

Carter's last picture of 2012 as I was putting him to bed tonight:
No more pictures, Mama! 

Matt had his wisdom teeth removed on Friday afternoon after YEARS of his dentist telling his they needed to go.  He was always in-season during his visit so he never made an appointment (that, and he really didn't want to get it done) so this was WAY overdue.  He was in quite a bit of pain this fall so, as much as he fought it, this procedure couldn't wait any longer.  His back left tooth was on a nerve and growing into his jaw bone (instead of growing up-and-down his was growing front-to-back) so he had to have it done at the surgeon's office instead of the dentist office.  
Playing with Mase Mase

I have some funny pictures and videos of Matt after the procedure but my marriage vows prevent me from posting them on this here blog.  ;)  His recovery has been a little rough- we're worried about the nerve since he still doesn't have feeling on the left side of his face.  He was running a slight fever yesterday and still hasn't been able to eat anything besides milkshakes and soup.  He doesn't have any bruising but the swelling on the left side makes him look like he has a big dip in his mouth!  We're ready for him to feel better!  
First bath in the real bathtub!

Carter is still fighting his bronchiolitis that's hanging around.  I thought we kicked it and stopped his breathing treatments last Sunday but by Thursday he was back to coughing and wheezing so we're still attached to our breathing machine.  And today we realized that he probably has Fifth's Disease.  It's not a real disease, just a fancy name for a rash on his cheeks.  We haven't seen the doctor but Sara recognized it and, after a little Googling, and 99% sure this is what he has.  I feel awful because I thought he looked cute with his little red cheeks, but it turns out it's really contagious with little ones.  And with Graeme in the PICU we have to be super careful with what's passed around between all of us.  The good news is that it doesn't seem to be phasing him and Aquaphor has helped with the redness.
Sweetness!

And we will have a SEVEN month old in a few minutes!! Crazy!  

No comments: