Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Visiting Santa

So I knew from watching Brooks and Mason that the holidays were better with kids.  Halloween was a blast this year with Carter so I really started to look forward to Christmas with him awhile ago.  My mom did such a good job making Christmas so special for me and Laura growing up that I wanted to do the same for him.  We didn't go all out with him being so  young this year, but we did start a few traditions.

My favorite thing this year was visiting Santa!  And we loved Santa so much we went to see him THREE TIMES!! Our first trip was with Daddy and the other two were with Brooks and Mason.  I'm so glad we got cousin pics, although Santa would only let one child on his lap at a time so Brooks and Mason both had to stand.  Wonder what he did when twins came??  I'm looking forward to the day our cousin picture has lots of little faces!

Daddy got home early one Friday night so we ran up to Bass Pro and were fortunate that there was not a line.  Our Bass Pro had a wonderful little Santa's Wonderland set up with fun little stations set up for all the kids the play around.  It will be fun to go to in the future when Carter is a little older.  This year he was very taken with the monster trucks.

How cute is our Santa? I love how Santa is holding Carter's hand!  So cute!  Carter doesn't seem to even notice Santa is there.  I'm hoping next year I get one of those classic screaming pictures :)


Brooks was excited to go see Santa but very timid once she actually got up there to see him.  It was hard to get her to turn around.



I'm thankful we were able to get a picture with Mason when we did because Graeme was born the very next day! Of course Mason had a huge smile on his face, per usual.  He was the exact same last year and just doesn't ever meet a stranger.  Love that we were able to coordinate their outfits so closely, too.

I'm so thankful for cousins that live so close that we can enjoy these precious memories with.  And also that we live so close to Bass Pro and they offer these photos for FREE!

See ya next year, Santa! Stay warm at the North Pole!

No comments: