Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sara's Couples Shower

This past weekend we loaded up and headed to Louisiana for Sara's first wedding shower! Randy's family threw the shower at their house in Marksville so we were able to stay with Poppa in Granny in Pine Prairie.

Mason was soooo good on the way there- just loved watching Elmo on repeat.  Carter...not so much.  I'd say he spent about 1/4 of the time sleeping, 1/4 of the time happy, and 1/2 of the time screaming.  Poor Nana, I think she was about to crawl in the backseat and snuggle our little guy until he stopped crying, lol.  He just hates being in his carseat that long and I don't blame him.

Once we arrived in PP he took a good nap with Granny while I got dressed.  It had been way too long since Granny got to love on our little one so I know she cherished that time with him.  It's so sweet seeing Carter with all of our family- they truly love him to pieces and I love watching others love on my baby boy :)

The shower was so nice...Sara sure does have one great mother-in-law (to be).  They served gumbo for dinner which was delish, but the best part was all the dips and appetizers!  Sara and I kept bumping into each other at the appetizer table, lol! And they had some pretty cupcakes too!


We were able to get some good pics while we were there...so sad Matt wasn't in them since he stayed in Katy to work.  We will definitely have to get some more pictures at Christmas when we go back.




*Sidenote*
At the shower we were able to watch the Aggies BTHO Alabama!  I don't think anyone saw that coming but I sure am glad we came out on top!! Matt and I were texting all night and I know he was at home jumping all over the couches and screaming at the TV the entire time.  And did I mention his obsession with JFF?  Boy is obsessed!  I saw on Facebook that 10 years ago the same weekend the unranked Aggies beat #1 Oklahoma with a freshman quarterback.  It just so happens that Matt, Laura and I were at that game and witnessed Reggie McNeal lose his redshirt to take the field and beat OU. It was absolutely crazy in College Station that weekend as I'm sure it was this past weekend.  I love my Aggies and I'm so glad they are having such a great season this year!
*End Sidenote*

Sara and Randy got some good gifts...I always loved this part of wedding planning.  :)  Although, if I were going through it all again right now I'm sure I would have added completely different stuff to my registry than what I had on there 5 years ago.  Isn't it funny how our taste changes in such a short period of time?



When I was going to put baby to bed I realized he had the mother of all blowouts.  I ran into the living room to get Nana to help me and I'm so glad I did because it took the both of us to get him cleaned up.  We ended up putting him in the sink and just bathing him- there was no other way to do it.  Thank goodness it didn't get on anyone else because he was being passed around right before I discovered the blowout and I would have died if someone else bared the brunt of that diaper.  Oh my.

Before we left on Sunday we had some time to play on the tractor and 4-wheeler and swing on the swings Poppa built.  I can't wait until the boys are older- they are going to have so much fun going to Poppa and Granny's.




The good news is that Carter was much better behaved on the way home from Louisiana.  He cried from Lake Charles to Orange when he was hungry and never made another peep after that, thank goodness.

Congrats, Sara and Randy! Can't wait until March! 

No comments: