Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

For most families Thanksgiving means turkey, tons of food and time with family but for us it always means FOOTBALL!  Since Matt has been coaching we have never had a Thanksgiving where he has not been at practice, and we are oh-so thankful to be working on Thanksgiving.  Working on Thanksgiving means we are in the playoffs and I have one happy husband.  I never want to have a "true" holiday on Thanksgiving.  :)

Matt started the morning at school early so they could finish early and go home to eat, eat, eat.  Matt's family always spends Thanksgiving in Louisiana and since he is always working we always spend Thanksgiving with my family.  I'm so thankful we don't have to do any traveling during this holiday! We headed over to my parents house around noon with our list- tater tot casserole, mac-n-cheese, rolls and dessert, only I forgot the rolls in the freezer at home.  Ugh! One quick trip later and it was time to eat!




Brooks loves to look at pictures on my camera so I taught her how to take some pictures.  She took a couple good ones! She was so proud of herself :)
 Her babies...BeeBee and Harry (Potter)


We got some great pictures of Brooxie Kate and Carter in their matching football outfits.  Brooks' has cheerleaders on it and Carter's has football players.  Matt hates the smocked outfits I put Carter in (he doesn't even see 90% of them) but approved since it had football players on it, lol!



Jeff came in town for the afternoon so soon after lunch we headed over to the Joseph's to see Jeff.  Jeff's uncle is a great photog and got some cute pictures of Carter while we were there.  Of course, he did have a great subject to shoot :)  Matt and Coach Joseph had to be back at the school at 5pm for practice/walk through so we did not stay too long.

I can't help but think of Thanksgiving last year when we told our grandparents and close friends that we were pregnant.  Our immediate families already knew but telling everyone else really made it seem "real" in a way.  I am so thankful for our families and everything they have done for us over the past year- taking care of me while on bed rest, taking care of our preemie and loving on Carter so much...what did we do to deserve all of this love??  And the word thankful doesn't seem to come close to describing how I feel about my little baby boy.  Undeserving.  Blown away.  Blessed.  Loved.
Her shirt says "Big Cousin"
We just told them we were thankful for our NEW BABY!! 

Love this baby.  And yes, very thankful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.