Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday musings


  • We went with Matt's family to L'Auberge in Lake Charles this weekend. Baby did so good! I haven't uploaded pics yet so I will blog about the trip later this week.
  • Matt was so sick last week.  He actually missed a day of work for the first time in six years.  We never figured out what was wrong with him and his fever came and went all week, so he wasn't able to hold the baby.  Poor thing, I felt so bad for him, both because he was sick and he wanted to hold Carter.  He stayed in the guest room all week and slept when he was home.  It was so hard doing everything by myself and I'm glad he's feeling better now. 
  • We have a spoiled rotten baby on our hands.  Boy wants to be held constantly.  While I love this, it has made productivity next to nil.  My house is so neglected and my to do list just gets longer.  I keep reminding myself that one day he will be grown and yelling at me to get out of his room.  As hard as this is, I'm going to miss this.  So we rock and rock and rock.  All day. 
  • We visited Dr P and Dr H today.  All the nurses gushed over Carter and he got lots of love.  I could show him off all day!
  • Matt is at coaching school this week which means football is officially here! I'm so excited for football season, but it's bittersweet knowing we won't see much of Matt.  We've been spoiled this summer! 
  • At night we are starting to get 4-6 hour stretches. It's not consistent, but it's an improvement! 
  • I'm dying for this kid to get on a schedule.  I keep reminding myself that although he is 8 weeks from his birthdate, developmentally he is only 3 weeks old.  I can make it, I can make it...
  • We have our 2 month check-up on Wednesday and he will get his shots.  I'm crying just thinking about it.
  • Cooper hasn't been groomed in months.  I think I'm going to call one of those mobile groomers that will come to your house and wash the dog in their van.  Any recommendations?
  • I cleaned out most of my classroom today.  Boy...I'm going to miss working.  I have to advert my eyes at the store when I walk past the school supplies.  The upside, think of all the money I'm going to save!
  • I'm debating about subbing next year.  It will get me out of the house and into some real clothes (which is my main motivation!) and give the grandparents some time with Monkey.  We shall see. 
  • I saw this on Pinterest this week and shed a little tear.  I blame hormones. 
He really does have something so much better
  • I'm loving the Olympics! Especially since I'm sitting in front of the TV all day...you know, rocking that baby.  My favorites are gymnastics, swimming, diving and track.  

No comments: