Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Let's talk about...


So I finally caved to the 50 Shades of Grey phenomenon and, honestly, I don't understand what the hype is about.  The more I read the more I hated the book, especially the characters, not to mention all the *ahem* activities.  I'm about 1/3 of the way into the second book (why I'm wasting my time, I have no idea) and it hasn't gotten any better.

I'm not a fan of the characters ( I want to punch Christian Grey in the face) and the storyline makes me literally roll my eyes.  I just don't believe any of it...the love story, the personalities, the "hobbies."  It's not believable at all.

What gives? Why does everyone love this book so much?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG. I hated the book also.
SO FRIGGIN LAME. I couldnt even finish the first book. The writing style drove me batty.

I don't get it either.

Emily said...

I guess I'm just not as sophisticated as my BFF ;). I thought they were really fun, easy reads and I got very wrapped up in the characters. Realstic???- definitely not. But that's part of the fun of reading!

Nikki Kallina said...

I really liked the 2nd half of the 2nd book and on more. It became a little scary and I even cried. Maybe I am just really emotional. I am a cancer after all. :)