Sunday, September 16, 2012

Dominated!


Saturday night Katy played The Woodlands HS and dominated!  63-10!  But first, let me back up.

Since Matt started coaching at Katy in 2006 I have never missed a game.  Home, away, sweltering heat or freezing rain I've made them all.  That makes 92 games.  For one, we don't see each other a lot during the week so going to the game all but guarantees me at least 15 minutes of face-to-face time with him after the game is over.  But I also know that it's important to Matt to walk out of the field house and see his family and friends after a big win or loss.  This all means nothing if we don't have anyone to celebrate it with, am I right?  So when the schedule came out last spring and I saw an away game in September in The Woodlands I started to doubt if my streak would stay alive.  Having a little baby in Texas September heat was not really a combination I wanted to risk, but leaving him at home and taking my pump with me wasn't really an option either.  Add on that my family was invited to my aunt's surprise 60th birthday party at the same time really gave me something to think about.


So for the past 2 weeks I've just been praying for God to make it clear to me where I needed to be.  I didn't want to be a bad wife and miss the game, but I also didn't want to be a bad mom and drag my 3 month old to an away game in bad weather.  All week I went back in forth over where we should go (game or surprise party) and changed my mind several times.  But Saturday I woke up with such clarity that our place was with Matt at the game.  It was as if all the stress and worry was swept away and I knew exactly what we needed to do.  I'm thankful to God for making our path clear and for giving us such great weather to enjoy the game in.

I'm so glad we went to the game because Carter had so!much!fun!! He slept most of the way there and most of the first half.  I was able to stand under the stands and watch the replay screen while he snoozed in my arms and we took advantage of the breeze down below.  By halftime the sun was down and the clouds were out and Carter woke up to enjoy halftime.  {I just want to take a second to praise the Highsteppers- I think you are the best drill team in Texas and I want to be a member on the team when I grow up.}  He was all smiles and laughs and just had a great time being held by Aunt Sheila and laughing at Auntie Sara.

The game was so good, too!  Matt was so worried going into the game.  TWHS was ranked ahead of us and has embarrassed us in previous match-ups.  We did NOT want a repeat of 2008 so going into this week everyone was on high alert for a dog fight.  No one expected the game to be as lop-sided as it turned out to be, 63-10 in favor of our Tigers! Offense dominated, defense dominated and special teams dominated.  We were ahead by so much Matty even got to come out of the press box and coach from the field during the 4th quarter.  He was all smiles after the game and C woke up long enough for us to snap some great pictures, too.


It was a great night- great game, great baby, great weather and the BEST smile on my husbands face after it was all over.


No comments: