Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Carter's First Katy Game!

How did I forget to post about this?!?  Mommy fail.  I blame the long weekend (although, everyday's a Saturday now, right, Nana and PawPaw?) :)

Friday night Katy played Klein High School at Reliant Stadium.  I'm so thankful the game was inside- I'm not sure I would have taken C otherwise.  And what a venue for his first football game! He loved all the lights and sounds.

We left Katy around 5pm and he slept the entire way to the stadium (took about an hour) and even slept through the BLARING rap music the car next to us in traffic on BW-8 was playing.  I almost rolled my window down to yell at that guy! Maybe the vibrations from the speakers helped him sleep?  Once we got to the stadium we had a quick diaper change and loaded up in the Baby Bjorn and made our way inside and to our seats.  The lady who checked my bag just took one look inside at all of the stuff I had stuffed in there and laughed at me, lol!  So glad she didn't make me take everything out.

By the time we got inside and seated it was time to nurse.  C chose this time to pee out of his diaper, but thankfully it didn't get all over me.  And I think all 10,000 Katy fans wanted to walk down our aisle to get to their seats so that made nursing a little frustrating.

Afterwards he was passed around a little and got a little fussy so I took him up to the concourse and we walked around a little until he fell asleep.  They had TV's everywhere so I was still able to watch some of the game! I wish all of our games were at Reliant! C proceeded to sleep the rest of the first half and part of halftime.

Once he woke up his Mama K and Brooks were there to see him so he got some playtime in for a little while.  Brooks was too cute in her tutu and pigtails!

The second half was a little rough, but thankfully I had a lot of hands on deck to help me.  He spent a good chunk of time walking around with Mrs. Joseph and meeting lots of Katy Tiger fans!

We nursed during the 4th quarter and the Tigers won 48-7!!  We tried to go see Daddy after the game but couldn't find him.  :(

C slept the whole way back to the house and went right to sleep once we were home.  He's definitely ready for his next game!

No comments: