Wednesday, June 6, 2012

First Pediatrician Visit

I have SO much I need to blog about from the last week, but I'm going to start fresh today with our pediatrician visit and then work backwards as I have time (ha!).

We got home from the hospital yesterday, June 5th around 12:30pm and had our first pediatrician visit this morning at 8:30am.  I'm pretty sure I spent most of the day yesterday stressing about everything that needed to get done before the appointment.  I didn't have a diaper bag put together yet (you know, because I hadn't planned on actually having a baby at 35 weeks), the stroller was still in the box, all the paperwork for the doctor was in my hospital bag somewhere, etc.  We had a pretty stressful night on Tuesday so I stressed all night about making it to our appointment on time and with everything we needed.

We ended up leaving with plenty of time this morning, and even had time to stop and get Matt coffee!  I really wanted some but behaved myself. :)  We ended up at the office before they even opened.
My little Monkey in his preemie outfit- it almost fits! 

Carter was gushed over by all the nurses and I completed my first nursing session in public without any "slips."  Here are his stats I want to remember:

Weight: 5 pounds, 12 ounces, 5th percentile
Height: 19 inches, 25th percentile
Head Circumference: 12 7/8 inches, 75th percentile

Too cute

Hopefully I got all those numbers right because I didn't write them down in the office and was functioning on about 3 hours of sleep.  She said all of his numbers look awesome for a premie and she expects to see him grow pretty quickly.  He was already up one ounce from yesterday!

Her only concern was his slight jaundice so she sent us to the lab for some more blood work and directions to keep him by the window, add Vitamin D drops daily, and supplement each feeding with some formula.  He did awesome at the lab and only let out the slightest whimper when they pricked his heel.  The 12 year old girl in the bed next to us getting her blood drawn did NOT do so well, but that's a separate story.
He almost slept through the entire thing

Afterwards we made our first trip to Target (should have taken a picture!) and hung out by the window the rest of the day.  Throw in a few visitors and we had a pretty "normal" day.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Amanda!! He is gorgeous!!!! We are soo happy for y'all!! Pretty much same exact doc appointment with us - slight jaundice and supplementing some formula for a week followed with a morning lay out session on the couch to catch some rays!

Laura said...

He is just perfect!!! With perfect hair and perfect little cheeks and everything.

Grace Meeker said...

I can't believe he's here!!! Soooooo adorable!! ~Congratulations Momma~!!! =) by the way....if you got a text message the day he was born from a (303) number and wondered who it was...it was me!! =)

Oskar Aarden said...

Your child is a good boy! He looks too cute on those photos, especially on the second. It looks like he intentionally posed for the camera? Hehe. When do you plan on going back? He must be already up by many ounces since this time. Congratulations! :)