Friday, June 22, 2012

3 Weeks


Highlights:
Weight: 7 pounds
Likes: sleeping, talking to Mama and Daddy, car rides
Dislikes: drinking out of a bottle
Clothing: outgrown all of his preemie clothes and starting to fill out his newborn stuff pretty good
Diapers: newborn
Best Moment This Week: running errands with Mom and Dad, meeting Uncle Jeff, being the star of the show at Mama's baby shower


Goodness gracious, 3 WEEKS! We are thisclose to you being one month old! I can't handle this!  You are definitely a growing boy...your newborn clothes are starting to fit you and you finally hit the 7 pound mark.  You don't feel any heavier to me but we can look at pictures of you from your first week and notice slight differences.  Is it possible that you are actually growing up on me?! 

Finally got to meet Uncle Jeff

You are still sleeping most of the day and night but have started having short periods of time where you are awake. They are few and far between, but I love staring at your big blue/gray eyes when you are willing to open them.  Dr. K gave us the okay to stretch your night feedings to 4 hours and you are doing great.  We also introduced you to bottles this week and so far you would rather nurse than take a bottle.  I know this can take time so we will continue to work on it so Daddy can help with feedings too.  


You have slowly warmed up to the idea of a pacifier, but you still won't take one regularly.  You will take the MAM brand about one out of ever five times it is offered to you.  You have also started to show a preference to laying on your right side.  I'm not sure how you manage it, but at night in your swaddle you can roll onto your right side.  Daddy and I watch you on the monitor and it's the funniest thing seeing you kick your legs back and forth until you are in position.  Daddy's worried your right side of your head will start to flatten but I think we will be okay.
You look so small in your carrier! 


Our visitors and finally winding down so we've had a lot of time to be at home just the three of us.  I still am having a hard time putting you down, choosing to rock you over doing anything else.  Even at night when we go longer between feedings I'm still finding myself rocking you instead of catching up on the sleep I most desperately need.  I just want to soak up every single second of you right now and I know I'm going to blink you will be grown.  Eventually, though I am going to have to face all the cleaning, errands, thank you notes, birth announcements and scrapbooking that I've been neglecting.  


Funny moment I want to remember- yesterday I was changing your diaper and Daddy chose that exact moment to kiss you on your forehead.  Well...you did what little boys typically do at diaper changes and "went" all over yourself and the side of Daddy's face! I tried to clean it off with a wipe really quickly, but your Daddy noticed and freaked out! That's what he gets for stealing kisses during diaper changes! :)

2 comments:

Daniel and Jamie said...

haha I love the diaper changing story!! That is hilarious and will be something ya'll will laugh about for years to come!! so funny!

Mateya said...

Hayden doesn't really like the pacifier either. Some days he takes it and some he doesn't. We are going to try the MAM brand. I have tried about 3 othres and none stay in his mouth. The NUK ones do sometimes, but not always!