Friday, June 15, 2012

2 Weeks



Highlights:
Weight: 6 pounds, 3 ounces, 10th percentile (up from 5th last week!) 
Likes: being swaddled, sleeping on Daddy's chest, tooting, Vitamin D drops, my cradle from Nana
Dislikes: diaper changes and being cold
Clothing: preemie and some newborn sizes
Diapers: newborn
Best Moment This Week: umbilical cord falling off, gaining weight, meeting more friends and family, planning Father's Day for Dad on Sunday, hanging out with Aunt Sara, Skyping with PawPaw

I still can't believe we have a 2 week old! When I think back to 2 weeks ago I can barely remember being on bed rest and how I spent my day without our Monkey.  Our days go by so quickly now- it's like we pushed fast forward and all of a sudden things are going a mile a minute.  I'm doing my best to ignore everything and just rock baby all day long.  What's that poem...I'm rocking my baby because baby's don't keep.  That's totally my life, with a few diaper changes and feedings thrown in there.  

Baby is still not up to his birth weight (almost!) so we are still on our every 2.5-3 hour feeding schedule.  I can't wait to sleep for a longer stretch of time, but I know this time will pass quickly.  I absolutely cherish our time in the middle of the night where everything is still and quite, and it's just me and Carter.  He takes his time nursing (doc says because he was early and he will get faster) so we have a good hour to ourselves where it's just me and him, nursing and rocking with Daddy sleeping away next to us.  The silence, the deep breathing, his cooing and stretching...my heart just melts. 

Daddy went back to work this week but only for 1/2 days so we have the morning to ourselves.  Usually we get up and Mommy eats breakfast after our 9 o'clock feeding, but sometimes we both just keep sleeping.  :)  Daddy is home by lunchtime and is eager to get his hands on Carter and give lots of kisses.

I get lots of questions about who Carter looks like.  Here are pictures of all of us at 2 weeks old.  
 Mommy
Carter
Daddy
I know who I think he looks like, what do you think?

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I think he looks exactly like Matt! Something about the mouth! What a precious 2 week old baby boy! :)