Thursday, May 1, 2014

What a Week!

Whew! We've had nothing going on but a million things going on all at once.  Does that even make sense?  My calendar is pretty open right now but I feel like I've been running a marathon the past few days.

Carter came home from preschool on Monday with a fever, a blister on his tongue and bites on his hands.  At first I thought it could be hand foot and mouth, but then Matt reminded me that he fell while holding Carter on Sunday and Carter bit his tongue.  He also got into some ants with PawPaw so we went to bed Monday night praying for no fever and a series of unfortunate events.  Tuesdays doctor appointment confirmed hand foot and mouth disease.  Ugh! Thankfully his fever never came back but his poor mouth, bottom and feet are covered in blisters.  We've been vigilant about keeping him away from the girls and pain-free with Tylenol and Motrin.  I've also been using our essential oils in the kitchen diffuser, his bedroom diffuser and on his blisters.  Hoping this is all gone by the weekend!

Also on Tuesday I had some more newborn pictures taken of the girls.  I can't wait to share...they turned out so cute!!

Carter is 23-months old today! Considering I never got around to taking his 22-month pictures I am a woman on a mission to get his 23-month pictures/post done ASAP.  I can't believe we are already planning his SECOND birthday party! Crazy town! I got the proof for the invitations today and am super excited.  We are hosting the party at Little Gym which I think Carter Man will love.

Matt started spring football on Monday, so for the next 3 weeks he is out of commission Monday through Saturday.  I hate this, but it is also forcing me to dive head-first into taking care of our three under two by myself.  Thankfully the girls are still so sweet so my main job is wrangling Carter.  HFM has definitely put a wrench in our first week without Daddy, but I figure if I can handle this then I can handle anything.  Oh and the white chocolate bundt cake I made is definitely helping.

Project "reduce Amanda's milk supply" is almost complete.  It sounds crazy but I was pumping over a gallon of breast milk a day in addition to nursing.  I'm down to just pumping 3 times a day but all of my freezer space (2 at our house, one at Nana's, one at Missy's) is completely full.  I found a group called Human Milk 4 Human Babies where you can donate to mama's in need.  So I'm going to donate several hundred ounces of milk! I'm so glad I can help another breast feeding mama out!

I finally sold our guest bed, so project nursery is starting.  We are waiting for a buyer to come pick up the bed, then we will be able to set up the cribs we bought in February.  I'm anxious to see if we can fit everything in that small bedroom.  I'm also crossing my fingers that we can fit our glider in there as well.  I can't wait to get in there and finally finish working on the nursery.  Eeeek!

This preschool picture?!?  I melted into a puddle on the floor when I saw this.  Carter's favorite new game is to stand at the refrigerator and name all of the people in the picture.  He's surprisingly good! We also had his end of the year conference with his teachers yesterday.  He got perfect marks in everything but verbal communication.  And they said he is a school favorite and the 2-year classes are fighting over who gets his next year.  That makes my mama heart happy.


I chopped my hair on Monday! It was past time for a haircut and as good a time as any for a new style.  I love the short length and am actually thinking about going shorter! Thoughts?

Other events from this week:

{Madeline, Molly}

{Madeline, Molly}

{Molly}


{Madeline}


3 comments:

Brittany said...

Poor Carter! :( Hope he feels better soon! Love your hair!!

Brittany said...

2 more things… that's amazing that you have pumped that much and even more amazing that you can donate it! So neat! Also, what kind of oil diffuser do you have? They are expensive, but I want one or two for the house!

hollie marie said...

Love the new hair!!! I just chopped mine to a similar length. It looks great on you and I'm sure it's way easier/faster to dry and style. Also love the new blog look :)

Hope y'all are well!